eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Brag about your google product search result

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
loveloveweddings



Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Brag about your google product search result Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for bragging but I'm just so happy! I'm the only one that comes up on the Google Product Search result on one of my products here at Ecrater!

Of course, I searched the full title: Personalized Heart Chocolate Photo Lollipop Wedding Favors

Look at the search result:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=Personalized+Heart+Chocolate+Photo+Lollipop+Wedding+Favors&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

I'm so thankful for Ecrater. It's so wonderful to see your products come up on an internet search.

I'm just wondering why my logo does not come up when I click on the link that comes up on the google product search? Does anybody know?

***I'm not trying to promote my product (although it seems like it, sorry) I'm just amazed and am showing to other new sellers the advantage of listing here at Ecrater***
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat



Posts: 9762

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to let the wind out of your sales but if you enter any ecrater title into the google product search it will come up as the only one...unless it is one of the dumb titles that only says handbag or shoe or toy.

The important thing is if you enter wedding favors or personalized wedding favors into the search, are you on the first page or page 25. No shopper will enter your exact title into a search.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cuppatea



Posts: 565

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as your questions about what happens when you click on your item in Google Products, see details about how your store shows up in
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5301

wishing you sales early and often!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
loveloveweddings



Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a gut feeling that my celebrations (bragging) might have been premature. I wanted to get rid of the post because I knew I was just embarassing myself. I'm still quite new to Ecrater (3 1/2 months) and of course, eager to participate in the community.

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

The important thing is if you enter wedding favors or personalized wedding favors into the search, are you on the first page or page 25. No shopper will enter your exact title into a search.


Per your advise, I checked my google search results again. When I put in 2 keywords, my listings were lost on relevance and price (it was flooded w/ ebay stuff) .

Using three keywords, my search results were better. Thank you for advise all your advise. Sorry for this post I made, but I hope my lesson could help other new sellers.

Embarassed

LoveLoveWeddings
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
loveloveweddings



Posts: 27

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuppatea wrote:
As far as your questions about what happens when you click on your item in Google Products, see details about how your store shows up in
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5301

wishing you sales early and often!


Thank you for the link on the guide. I really needed it! Smile

LoveLoveWeddings
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LynnaVicOriginals



Posts: 783

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loveloveweddings

I don't think you need to feel embarassed at all. Excitement, even prematurely, is a great thing and since this one helped you discover what you can do to improve keywords for searches, it was even better! Personally I'm glad you shared this with us because I learned something too. Thank you!

Take care
Vickie
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll brag - LMAO!

search big tall mens clothing

google - see the 5th UNPAID listing? that's my ecrater.com store! lol

MSN - see that FIRST unpaid listing? that's my ecrater.com store!
The 7th listing is MY site too!
and the last listing on page ONE is mine also!

Yahoo - see the SECOND unpaid listing - that's my ecrater.com store!
My site is on page 2 third one (#13)

OMG - this is exciting! I haven't looked at the top 3 search engines for my site in AGES!!!!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
usalicenseplates
Guest




PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll brag - LMAO!

search big tall mens clothing

google - see the 5th UNPAID listing? that's my ecrater.com store! lol

MSN - see that FIRST unpaid listing? that's my ecrater.com store!
The 7th listing is MY site too!
and the last listing on page ONE is mine also!

Yahoo - see the SECOND unpaid listing - that's my ecrater.com store!
My site is on page 2 third one (#13)

OMG - this is exciting! I haven't looked at the top 3 search engines for my site in AGES!!!!


I must say you have a pretty good keywording for your stores.

Mine is 4st on the 1st page on MSN with 2 keywords and 1st on the 1st page with 3 keywords Smile
Back to top
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I must say you have a pretty good keywording for your stores.

Mine is 4st on the 1st page on MSN with 2 keywords and 1st on the 1st page with 3 keywords:)

Let me tell you a secret I learned in a 10 hour internet marketing class I attended just last month.
They to get your key words
#1 in your domain name
#2 2 times in your Title
#3 3 times in your meta tags

Just wait til next year when I start working on my degree in internet marketing! I'll be #1 in all my stores!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
usalicenseplates
Guest




PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let me tell you a secret I learned in a 10 hour internet marketing class I attended just last month.
They to get your key words
#1 in your domain name
#2 2 times in your Title
#3 3 times in your meta tags


Oh yes I know that, USAlicenseplates is pretty good for SEO, my new store coming will be even better Smile

I learned a lot from this program: IBP and ARELIS (someone put a link to it somewhere on the boards) and just with a limited free version I improved my ranking by comparing my store to my competitives.

Thanks for sharing though
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Lounge
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum