eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout ? and answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laptop-drives

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout ? and answers Reply with quote

After a buyer completes the ecrater side of the purchase, if they chose to pay with Google Checkout they get a link to go to Google Checkout.

What happens if they don't follow the link right away, or go to Google Checkout and don't complete it? Do they have any way of getting back later to finish paying for their order?

If they choose PayPal, there's a link in the ecrater order confirmation email to go to PayPal... but there doesn't seem to be one if they choose Google Checkout.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
swampcrone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK It is a google checkout thing. I believe that the return to vendor thing is still under development.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I understand how google checkout works is they CAN NOT pay UNTIL the seller confirms and accepts the order. At that time a link is sent to the buyer to pay.

Here's what happens --
(this is from wahm and A1VirtualTrader ecrater sellers - was posted on another forum)

Buyer ---
After completing the eCrater sale is given the Google Checkout logo to click on.

At Google:
Order summary
Login
Add a credit card
Approve/Complete order

SELLER --
email you get from google:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838170_o.gif

I didn't see a place in the email to get to google checkout or to get to the transaction. Was kind of a PITA to go looking for it. Guess its a link that needs to be bookmarked.

This is the first transaction screen, from here you "charge" the order:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838172_o.gif

Didn't take but a minute to process the payment after hitting charge. So that was pretty painless.

Screen after the charge:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838174_o.gif

After hitting "ship"
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838177_o.gif

After hitting "refund" which took me a few minutes to find how to do it:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838179_o.gif

The screen that confirms the refund:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16838182_o.gif

Notice the fees were not refunded. At first I thought this might be a big problem for me as sometimes my items are out of stock and I need to refund the payment. I did quickly realize that if my item is out of stock then I need to not charge the order and all should be fine.

Oh and one last thing, I got this java pop up a few times:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/0/6/3/4/4/webimg/16836030_o.gif

BUYER --

And here are the emails I got on my end (didn't do screenshots of the process, but described it above):

Google Checkout - Buyer Email1 - Order Receipt
Google Checkout - Buyer Email2 - Ship Confirmation
Google Checkout - Buyer Email3 - Order Cancelled

All in all, from the buyer side it doesn't seem any different than PayPal.

D... your comment about the lack of a link in the email could be a big deal. If I didn't go directly from the eCrater end-of-order-here's-your-Google-Checkout-link, or bailed out of Google Checkout part way and had to get back to it, I'm not sure how I'd get back there to complete the checkout and pay.

SELLER -
When I went to Google Checkout, about a half-hour after the sale, it was already past the "reviewing" step and was "new" (ready to be charged). It only took about a minute for Google to complete the charge and mark it as "processing", which Google describes as my step to go ahead and ship the order.

SELLER
Here's the update now that it's all complete.

Tue 8 Aug: Payment completed thru Google Checkout
Thu 10 Aug: Google Payout (initiated ACH)
Mon 14 Aug: Deposit posted in my checking account
laptop-drives

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
The way I understand how google checkout works is they CAN NOT pay UNTIL the seller confirms and accepts the order. At that time a link is sent to the buyer to pay.

The buyer has to complete Google Checkout before the seller gets notifed by Google Checkout to confirm and accept the payment.

Recap:

1. Buyer completes eCrater order
2. Buyer follows link to Google Checkout, registers/logs in, and submits payment... buyer's credit card is authorized (but not charged)
(this was the original concern... if not following the link right away there's no way for the buyer to come back and pay for that order)
3. Seller confirms/approves payment in Google Checkout... buyer's credit card is charged
4. Seller ships order, goes to Google Checkout to mark the order as shipped... buyer gets generic ship confirmation email.

End of order processing part.

5. Two days after order is completed, Google Checkout initiates a payout (ACH) to seller's bank account for that order (and any other two-day-old orders)
6. Two to five days later the ACH clears and is deposited in seler's bank
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also relized that not getting the fees refunded can and will be a problem for me because I won't know that an item is out of stock until after I place my order which won't be until AFTER the payment is processed Confused
sassyscents

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout Buttons Reply with quote

Confused Newbie here trying to finish setup on my store and I have received an email from Google with the following information :
As outlined in our program policies, you must ensure Google Checkout buttons or Buy Now buttons are available on your website before any registration or sign-in pages. Because it appears your website doesn't meet this policy requirement, your Google Checkout badges have been suspended. In addition, if your website continues not to meet this requirement, you may not be eligible to process transactions through Google Checkout any longer.

Has anyone else received this type of email? Can one of you experts in webpages take a look at my store and tell me what the issue is? I thought I had the buttons showing just like everyone else! I'm obviously not a computer programmer and this is becoming very frustrating to me!! I don't particularly want a "Buy Now" button because most of my buyers purchase multiple items at one time and I would prefer they go into a shopping cart so that multiple item shipping can be applied to save them some $$$$.

I have been reading all the posts regarding Google Checkout and didn't see anything addressing this issue, but if there is one, please accept my apologies for duplication.

Thanks so much for all of your support in this ever challenging process!!

Debbie
www.sassyscents.ectrater.com
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SassyScents - did you forward that to ecrater.com??
go to www.ecrater.com and at the bottom of the page click on contact us.
sassyscents

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout Buttons Reply with quote

Thanks BT. I hadn't sent it directly to them yet! Hopefully I'm not the only idiot with that problem
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Checkout Buttons Reply with quote

SassyScents wrote:
Thanks BT. I hadn't sent it directly to them yet! Hopefully I'm not the only idiot with that problem

Your the second PERSON I seen post about this or similiar here so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: