eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

wanna see/critique my new ecrater site??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: wanna see/critique my new ecrater site?? Reply with quote

My store on ecrater is just two weeks old; I've managed to get about one-third of my items moved over from.... u know where to here!

our ecrater store name is moviefoyer, and you can also access our store by going to www.moviefoyer.com

We deal in original movie memorabilia; mainly original lobby cards, movie posters and stills. BUT, mainly lobby cards. Lobby Cards (for those who do not know) are 11" x 14" placards that were placed in the movie theatre lobby to promote the film that was currently at the theatre. Some of these are QUITE nice.

Please take a look, let me know what you all think; what changes would you make, etc. Thanks in advance!

Franc & Al
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Please take a look, let me know what you all think; what changes would you make, etc. Thanks in advance!

I really like your logo
and...if I were you, I would change the orange color on your home page to a color that would go more in line with your logo. The orange color overpowers your logo. You have very classy items in your store and IMO the color orange does not project that image. I know you probably used it to match your image and some of the text on some of the cards but I would try a different color.

Also, I would put an introduction to your store under the "welcome" sign explaining what the cards are and have a featured item.

Your cards are wonderful. Too bad they don't make them for the movies today - at least you would feel like you got something for your money besides a bad movie. They don't make them like they use to.

I hope you have many sales! Very Happy
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops - see I thought they were small cards that everyone received when they went to the movie! I didn't realize they were larger. Embarassed
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the advice, KD. BTW, i looked at your site and its great!

KD, I cannot figure out how to change the featured item on the upper right portion of the screen.

I went to my categories, and I see a featured item check box.... but it has an 'X' through it and when i choose that and put an file there, nothing happens....

How exactly do you put a featured item on the upper right portion of the screen? thanks!
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How exactly do you put a featured item on the upper right portion of the screen? thanks!

When you add a new listing or go to PRODUCTS and edit a listing
UNDER the global category you see
Show as featured on your store home page - with a box in front of it --- check that box. ALL items that have that box checked will rotate into that space in the upper rright corner.
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your home page - blue is my favorite color!

I am a little embarrassed Embarassed about what I thought they were since you put it in your post what they were!! Sorry, my only excuse is that it was too early in the morning.

Boy, you have a lot of them - I've been looking through some of them and they are really interesting.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: