eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

confused & frustrated - need encouragement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pansysplace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: confused & frustrated - need encouragement Reply with quote

hi,

i'm just beginning to realize how little i know about the internet. have set up and activated two stores and two more to come in the next few days. focusing on beefing up stock and then i need to study up on promoting. getting books from the library so i can learn the lingo and not feel so dumb. in each store i'm advertising the others. so i need to know if i should drop that for now 'cause i can't access them from google so how can anyone else. been listing the stores, for example: pansyspatterns.ecrater.com but i get nothing when i search. i thought it was a given. probably seems like a silly question to some of you but i just need an answer to that question, then i'll study up and get my head around it. Shocked

many thanks
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takes a few days to get hooked up with Google. Don't stop advertising your stores in your other stores but realize that there is no html on ecrater which means among other things that you can't click on links you type into your descriptions or about pages.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on putting the WHOLE URL in your listings.

Did you submit your URLS to search engines yet? IF not, do that before you do anything else! At least submit to google, yahoo and msn.

The best advise I can give you is don't read any books UNTIL you have read the advertising topic in this forum. Trust me - it's long and time consuming but you will gain a ton more there then from 10 books!

When you read it, open up excel, word or whatever type software you use and copy and paste what you think sounds like something you can or you want to do. Make a list. Then take that list and put it in some sort of order putting the thinks you know how to do on the top of the list and the things you need to learn how to do on the bottom.
Then look at the ones on the top and sort them by how much time you think it will take to do that one thing. The fastest ones go first.
Then each night do at least one of the things on the top of your list.
With 4 stores - this will be a chore as it will take you 4 times the amount of time.
BUT that will be time well spent in the long run.

Don't forget - we are here to help
you got questions look in the Solutions area of this forum!
Can't find it ASK!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I just did a search for one of your items ("Coats & Clark Bk# 217 - TABLECLOTHS & BEDSPREADS") and it brought the eCrater category up in Google (not your specific listing) but I found your store listing for it in Google Products.
pansyspatterns

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both so much,

if I wasn't confident that i could get help here, i would have already pushed the 'close store' button four times!

I have been reading the advertising topic and will continue to do so. I've hooked up to google and msn. will do yahoo today. i will do the copy and paste suggestion too.
I know four stores at first will take more time and energy but, for me, later, will be best. so i'll get slogging!
Question BTM: the WHOLE URL. i noticed some don't put anything in front of store name. Some put www. and some put http://. i don't know which to do. Rolling Eyes
google products: another mystery Embarassed
thanks again, sydney
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will come with time Sydney, just take little bits, and eventually you'll get the hang of it. I agree with BT about reading the topics here as opposed to checking out books. There is a lot of content here and it took me some time (and still does take me some time, sometimes a LOT of time) to try and digest what is being explained. But you'll get there - Laughing Dawn
kimskorner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When you read it, open up excel, word or whatever type software you use and copy and paste what you think sounds like something you can or you want to do. Make a list.

This is one idea that I do also - if I don't then I remember something I read and then wonder where the heck I saw it! lol
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole URL meaning not just your name --
http:// - dont' matter since it's not clickable anyway.
Just be sure that you put what they need to copy and paste to the URL line and that it will get them to where you want.
Don't matter if it's
http://PansysPatterns.ecrater.com/
www.PansysPatterns.ecrater.com
PansysPatterns.ecrater.com
because you can copy and paste any of those to the url line and still get to where you want them to be.

BUT don't just put
PansysPatterns.ecrater
or
PansysPatterns
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: