eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new store, am I getting the hang of it yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsdecals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: new store, am I getting the hang of it yet? Reply with quote

HI everyone. I guess my store is still a work in progress- we make custom made vinyl decals and also vinyl lettering I am not sure how much inventory I should put on the storefront, with the decals and graphics we make alot is done custom made by the customer asking us to make it for them-personlize it....we have done well on the auction site but the fees are a lot to consider when your items do not cost a lot. I am new here and maybe I am just being too anxious about it....I realize I have a lot to lear since the last few years the auction site has been my only outlet.....anyone out there got any tips or suggestions for me? I do appreciate any help at all, and in a world with an unstable economy I hope we all can get our little piece of the pie with a web biz. Thanks in advance for any advice Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some suggestions for you

Utilize your title space. That is what the search engines are searching.
THINK - if you where shopping on the net or in a phone book - what would you put in a search to find your items?
For example - if I was searching for Mickey Mouse --- I would type in Mickey Mouse - yet your title is only Mickey ... it might show up in a search but no where near the first few pages of the whole web index.
Assuming you have copyright permission on all the Disney items - put Disney in the title - if you don't have copy right permission be prepared for a letter from the Disney lawyers once they find you.
Same goes for Warner Brothers and the rest.

Put custom made in your title of your custom made tribal sun windshield decal

Put the size of the decal in the title

Why not put more info on the description page? Like
Our decals and graphics work great on your car, boat, RV, camper, motorbike, windows, mirrors, any smooth surface!
If you are looking for something you don't see, just email us at BLAHBLAH@XYZ .com with what you are looking for and we will do our best to make it for you.

Our decals are made of BLAH BLAH BLAH
(example might me High quality die cut vinyl decals)
easy to apply - simply (give them the directions)

Are they self adhesive decals?
Embossed designs ???
For interior use only ???

do a search in google and or froogle at your web store competition --- not ebay sellers. Look careful at their titles and descriptions. Learn from your competition, especially those that come up on the first few pages of google as they must be doing something right to get there.
Look at their META TAGS and Keywords

BTW, you have Tweety in the wrong category --- he's in Decals not in cartoon character decals
jsdecals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

wow,,, thanks for the help. I will keep working on it,,,one hard thing is some of the designs we have created are too large to fit on the site, the pictures we have are too large for this website and wont show up real well.......I will keep working on it and I do appreciate all the help,, thanks again!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: