eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about Global categories and duplicate listings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
villagecraftsmith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Question about Global categories and duplicate listings Reply with quote

I have read and re-read the guidelines and lots of info on the forum but I am not sure about how I am setting up some items on my store.

First question - Global categories
I have crochet topped kitchen towels. I was debating whether to put them under crochet or kitchen but when I go to the eCrater site and check Crafts/Crochet, what I find is page after page of patterns, patterns, patterns. In my opinion, this is more a kitchen item anyway so I listed the others under Home & Garden/Kitchen.

I am assuming that if something could fit under two categories, it is up to you to select the one you prefer. Is this the general consensus?

Second question - Duplicate listings
My crochet topped towels have different designs so I have listed them seperately and reflected the quantity of each correctly. However I have items like my lip balms. They come flavored and unflavored. I have entered a listing for each flavor and for the unflavored and am wondering if this may be incorrect.

I also offer a variety of soaps and, for now, have just listed one of the particular design with detailed info on how to special order others. For instance my angel soap shown is strawberry jam. I have more just like it in different colors and made up in different scents available right now. Am I allowed to list each scent seperately of items I have in stock at the moment even though the design is the same?

I have a similar problem with my cotton washclothes. I make them up in a variety of colors. Right now I have them listed in one cluster but would prefer to put up a listing of each type that is currently available for sale with a note in the description that other colors could be requested.

Basically I am wondering am I limited to one listing per basic item or would the different scents and/or colors of these type items qualify for seperate listings?

Have I explained this clearly or has everyone nodded off by now LOL Shocked

Thanks in advance
Linda B in TN:)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
villagecraftsmith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I was hoping this was so but just wasn't totally sure. I haven't learned everything about inventory control yet but I did put quantities of 3, 12, etc based on what I had in stock when I was setting up the listings.

I would prefer to list under the handmade but everything there is so overloaded with piles of patterns, my few towels are just lost there.

Thanks again Very Happy
Linda B in TN:)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: