eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feeback System Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NetAutoParts wrote:
knappschiles wrote:
-- do we as sellers give fb to the buyers too ?? If so , How ??
Carol

Go to your Google Checkout account,
Click the ORDERS tab
Click the REVIEW sub-tab
You should see all your buyers feedback comments.

Click the "more>>" hyperlink for a REVIEW DETAIL page.
At the bottom of the REVIEW DETAIL page are 2 hyperlinks;
Contact buyer directly, or
Respond publicly

That's not in your eCrater store. And only for orders that were paid with Google Checkout at Google Checkout.

The topic here is about announcing the start of eCrater's feedback system. (which was 3 years ago)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
LuxuryLinensEtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

My opinion:

(1) Twenty days is TOO LONG to expect buyers to get all excited and leave feedback for an item they received 2 weeks ago. They will have forgotten all about it by then. Most buyers don't ever leave feedback and this change (to wait 20 days) will result in even fewer buyers leaving feedback. Why can't we just have a link that is always available to leave feedback after each sale?

(2) I disagree that the number of sales a seller has completed should be removed. Buyers don't trust sellers until it is shown that they have previously had successful sales. Feedback is the best measure of a seller's reliability but since most buyers don't participate, I, as a buyer, will look to see if the seller has made any sales before. The absence of BAD feedback after making sales is better than no information at all.

(3) Feedback is absolutely necessary for small online sellers. I didn't start making any sales worth mentioning until I built up a few positive feedbacks by selling some great items at cheap prices. The buyers don't know who they're buying from and need some way to determine if we are scammers or not.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Feedback Reply with quote

LuxuryLinensEtc wrote:
(1) Twenty days is TOO LONG to expect buyers to get all excited and leave feedback for an item they received 2 weeks ago. They will have forgotten all about it by then. Most buyers don't ever leave feedback and this change (to wait 20 days) will result in even fewer buyers leaving feedback. Why can't we just have a link that is always available to leave feedback after each sale?

When the purchase is made eCrater mails a notice for feedback (same time as the order notice). Buyer can use the link any time.

If they don't then they are send a reminder notice for feedback. That one is done after 3 weeks has passed after purchase (and no feedback is left).

At any point buyer can leave feedback using the email.
LuxuryLinensEtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Feedback changes Reply with quote

I failed to notice that the comment (about the 20 day wait to leave feedback) that started this thread was really old and that policy is no longer in effect. The system in place now is better.
shhhh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Number of sales Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
PLEASE concerned removing the UNRATED section. The number of sales a seller has is NO ONE's business.

The number of sales does help it shows others that they can buy and know they get it People that do not like the items will leave neg. feedback
acread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we know eCrater's view on this. Now the number of sales are showing on the product pages. I'm still not sure if it helps or hurts (especially if you don't have many sales). Someone recently called me a beginner. A bit discouraging that.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Now the number of sales are showing on the product pages.

CORRECTION
which is why I don't like it
the number of sales THAT ARE INSTANTLY PAID are showing on the product pages
katzzskloset

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why doesn't ecrater just give the numbers of the feed back like feepay does. They don't tell you how many sales the seller made, they just give you the total number of feedbacks. Isn't that what feedback is all about? not how many items you sold.? Just thought I would give my input on this subject as I can see how it can hurt the little guy just starting out, and to those who have been here for a long time with some sales that show (instant payers for eg.)
Barbara
eco-nomylabel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Feedback system needs a way to respond. Reply with quote

Feedback is great but there should also be a way for a seller to respond to any feedback left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: