eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feeback System Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Feedback Reply with quote

maxxgraphix wrote:
Perhaps the data collected could just be displayed as a simple seller rating? 1-5 Scale. Sellers who get bad reports cards could be reviewed by ecrater and possible suspension. You start out as a 3 star seller. From there you can up or down. Why does each buyer need to know every comment on every sale? Perhaps product reviews would be ok. This should be the sellers option to display.

I agree with Big&Tall. The buyer does not need to know how many sales we have. If you show near none, that turns buyers away. If nobody else is buying there must be something wrong. Dump the whole feedback module.

This sounds like a perfect feedback solution . . .
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except that I doubt eCrater wants to get involved in reviewing feedback and all of that business.

I'm really not sure why we even have feedback here. I don't even want feedback showing on my own independent web shop even though I think I can say with a certain amount of confidence that the vast majority of my customers walk away happy with the transactions.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

I'm really not sure why we even have feedback here. I don't even want feedback showing on my own independent web shop even though I think I can say with a certain amount of confidence that the vast majority of my customers walk away happy with the transactions.

I think it's a matter of those that don't have feedback WANT IT and those of us WITH would prefer not to have it.

I look at a lot of sellers on ecrater.com and I just resently started looking at there feedback. It's rare to find people with much feedback EVEN those with lots of sales. That tells me customers don't care either or they would be leaving it.
I am currently sitting there with 73 unrated sales. LOL!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's something else about it -- why would customers care about leaving feedback? I imagine the ones leaving feedback here are the ones already accustomed to the concept because of eBay. I'd rather see the eBay mindset stay at auction sites.
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I agree that feedback is not needed in order let a know that you are a dependable seller. If you have a good about me page and a clear return policy along with online package tracking you should be fine. I do think that we should have some sort of seal of approval or something similar to that just to give the buyers a little added security.
zachiel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: leave it like that Reply with quote

i think it should stay how it is now, and stop making it all complicated, its fine how it is.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zachiel wrote:
i think it should stay how it is now, and stop making it all complicated, its fine how it is.

It was finer before the feedback got here in March of 2006
ledwarning

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: FEEDBACK Reply with quote

Do we have any control to responde to a feedback like in ebay?
I have had a few sales that were great, and a few where the guy kept insisting that I ship product then hw would pay, and a few deadbeats who placed orders then never paid. I don't want to see crappy feedback some some scum bag who waited 2 weeks to pay and complains about being slow or feedback from some guy who never paid.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only buyers who pay immediately by PayPal can leave feedback, then I don't think non-paying deadbeats can do it.

If the varmint who wanted you to ship before paying eventually paid by PayPal, I'm not sure. If "immediate" pay means at the time of the order, it would seem that he couldn't.

Just my guesses--the smart people will be along soon! Wink

Becky
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the buyer places his order through the shop, goes through checkout and then pays immediately with PayPal they'll have the ability to leave feedback.

ledwarning, if this buyer hasn't actually placed their order yet you might consider ignoring them. If they have placed their order but haven't paid yet then they won't be able to leave feedback if they ever do pay -- unless they go through checkout again as a brand new order.
redtagdiva

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Just reading this thread on feedback and I think everyone has valid points. As a new seller here I wasn't aware there was a feedback system. I have some questions.

What checks and balances does this feedback system have?

What is the incentive for buyers to participate in this feedback system?

How can seller protect themselves from negative feedback?

Can product reviews and/or testimonials work better?

Since I am new to eCrater I have no feedback. On feebay a new seller can build a level of trust as a buyer with good feedback; that's what I did when I started out. I brought a couple of things and earned positive feedback so I could establish myself a little. I use my feebay feedback as a reference in my ecrater store.

I can also look at the buyer's feedback and get a sense of how they handle transactions. There are certain checks and balances with that type of feedback system even though it is not perfect. Feebay and Paypal are resources that both the seller and buyer can use if there is a problem. Even though it may not always work there is someone overseeing the process. How will that be managed with this feedback system?

Along with the feedback system they present a means for both parties to work it out if there is a problem before a negative is given to a seller or buyer. Again the system is not perfect but at least if a seller receives a negative he can present his side of the story publicly too. Is there a way for that to happen here?

There is an incentive for buyers on feebay to leave feedback, in return they receive feedback that also establishes them as trustworthy buyers on feebay. What is the incentive here?

I have seen sellers on feebay say that they will not do business with people who have 0 feedback and/or more than 3 negatives within a six month period. And of course a buyer can look at a seller's history and decide if they want to do business with them based on their previous feedback. With a auction system feedback is necessary, but is it necessary or helpful here?

Is thre a way a new store can build their reputation with this system?

On a couple of the big online stores there are product reviews which I find extremely helpful. It let's me know if people are happy or unhappy with a certain product and I can choose whether or not to buy that product. I also search eopinions for product reviews. But if you are selling unique one of a kind products or articles of clothing, are product reviews going to help you?

I really don't want eCrater to become like eBay and I worry that the current feedback system gives it that feel. Ideas? Comments?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by redtagdiva on Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd call this my two cents' worth, but since I haven't got my shop open yet, it's probably worth a lot less! Wink

I really don't see the point of a feedback system if all buyers can't contribute, only certain ones. If you're going to let buyers leave feedback, then LET them or forget about it. I'm sure there's some good reason for the way it's done, but it escapes me. It bothers me to read a post from a seller who has a super-satisfied customer wanting to leave feedback but he can't, while another seller posts to report an undeserved negative from a clueless buyer, which of course he can't explain or reply to.

Put me on the side of those who would prefer voluntary comments or testimonials and leave the feedback to eBay--at least they have a complete system in place!

Becky
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've probably said this in this very thread but I don't believe feedback is necessary here. Two flaws pointed out above are that there's no incentive for buyers (other than to express appreciation/help out the seller) and that only a certain percentage of buyers are even allowed to leave it, which is just silly.

If we have to have something, I do think a testimonials section makes more sense.

This isn't an auction site. How many retail sites out there post eBay-like feedback on their sites?
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I wish the feedback had not been put here. If we are going to have it, it should be a complete set up, where all customers have the option of leaving feedback, not just some. It's almost like the feedback system here favors paypal! I think it was asked before, but I did not see any response, but, will shoppers who use Google check out and pay right away be able to leave feedback too??
I so agree that testimonials would be better. The term feedback is most definitely ebay-like and associated with ebay, we don't need ebay terms here. As stated in the last post, "This isn't an auction site. How many retail sites out there post eBay-like feedback on their sites?" Most do not have feedback, some have testimonials. I hope admin will reconsider this feedback system. I'm going to put testimonials on my about page, it would be so nice if we could rename our own store pages.
I do have one question on the feedback, my buyer sent a personal check, will this transaction be considered as an unrated one on my feedback, since they can't leave any??
Thank you.

Lu
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For transactions completed through Google Checkout buyers can leave feedback too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: