eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Feeback System Change
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dimitri for the response about google. Do you have plans to ever expand the feedback to include all customers who buy here regardless of payment method?
Have a great day!
Lu
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you have plans to ever expand the feedback to include all customers who buy here regardless of payment method?

That would be crazy, lol - ok that's my opinion. But then people that place an order and never pay can really mess with your business.

At least if they pay instantly - google or PP - it's a little controled. But if they claim they are sending a MO and never do - what's to stop them from leaving bad feedbck?
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Excellent Point Reply with quote

Excellent point BigTall
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Feedback needs to be changed. Reply with quote

What I really disagree with
Having number of items sold showing. Nobody's business and could be a deterrent.
ex: I have one feedback but several sales with no feedback. If a potential buyer checks my feedback and sees 16 sales and 1 feedback they probably think the other 15 had a lukewarm experience. This is what I think when I shop on Amazon and find "be the first to review this product" on the review section. True the reviews are for the product and not the seller but I tend to buy the item that has 25 positive reviews and pass on the unreviewed item.

What I would like to see (if feedback is necessary) is % and perhaps up to the last 10 feedbacks left.

I'm not really sure feedback is necessary. I would like ecrater to be as different from feebay as it can get. The battles for and about feedback is one I would like to be free of. (And I have excellent feedback there.)

I think the feedback system invites troublemakers. On feebay buyers hold negative feedback over your head for any number of reasons. If you are a reputable seller and have a return policy and adhere to it, feedback shouldn't be necessary. People who pay with credit cards or paypal have protection against dishonest sellers. If the credit card company or Paypal gets enough complaints about a seller, they will soon cut that seller off.
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing is until a buyer leaves a Transaction Comment for a sale.. the heading says "There are no transactions for this seller" even if you had 1 or 100 sales... a little confusing for buyers. Maybe it could be worded "There are no transaction comments" for this seller"... Tom Very Happy
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
As I've stated in a previous post, I would rather not have a feedback system here. Feedback is an ebay term. The rest of the online selling world uses testimonials. I don't want to see anything ebay-like here! I wish the feedback system on ecrater would be cancelled. But, since a feedback system has been put on ecrater, I do think that all buyers should be able to leave feedback. A buyer to me is someone who has paid for their purchase, until then, they are only shoppers. I wasn't suggesting that anyone could leave feedback, only buyers. We can mark our orders as paid, so it seems reasonable that it could be set up so that the feedback could only be made once the item is marked as paid by the store owner. This way, all buyers, regardless of payment method could leave feedback. I was suggesting a complete feedback system rather than a partial one.
Have a great evening!
Lu
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dittos on the above comments that it does not look good when the stats are showing sales and one has a low feedback response. I know as a buyer, I would never leave feedback prior to getting my item and I would probably overlook the link in the original e-mail once the item arrived.

Perhaps it would be helpful for us as sellers to understand the feedback system here at EC if we were told the reasoning behind:

1) Paypal and google payments only are permitted to leave feedback

2) Why we as sellers cannot have the link to include with our packing list or as a follow-up email.

Thanks!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps it would be helpful for us as sellers to understand the feedback system here at EC if we were told the reasoning behind:

Quote:
1) Paypal and google payments only are permitted to leave feedback

That is the only way ecrater.com knows your been paid. BE glad they don't send the link with orders. Then even UNPAID orders could screw your business.
It also is a little more creditible that a seller isn't buying from themselve just to leave themselve feedback. If they are - at least using PP, it's costing them money.

I personally don't think goggle should be allowed to leave feedback at this time due to that same reason.
Any seller that wants feedback just has to place a couple different orders, pay themselve using google and it's not costing them a penny and they are gaining feedback.

Quote:
2) Why we as sellers cannot have the link to include with our packing list or as a follow-up email.

For that very reason I stated. What would possible stop any seller from just clicking the link and giving themselve feedback?
If feedback was allowed on non instant payments it would be up to the seller to CLAIM it was paid and them just leave themself great feedback.

I think the feedback is worthless NOW, if sellers got a link it would even be LESS creditble.

With google being free to use to both buyer and sellers ecrater.com feedback has because totally worthless. All that did was give the SELLERS the prefect opportunity to get feedback.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With google being free to use to both buyer and sellers ecrater.com feedback has because totally worthless. All that did was give the SELLERS the prefect opportunity to get feedback.

BigTall

You probably just gave all the readers of this forum an idea!!! It never occurred to me that it could be done.

Guess the feedback really is worthless now. A real shame that the current feedback system is hurting sellers and therefore hurting eCrater.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that KNOWS there business and HOW it works would have already known that.
I just stated the obvious.

Remember, most sellers are honest people and they won't bother. It's the scammers in the first place that would and trust me they know all the ins and outs and they would be willing to even have to pay using PayPal if that's what it takes.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello THEflagcompany, I brought these questions up too! The feedback system is not fair the way it is. Some sellers will never be able to get any feedback here. Why should payment method matter? A paid order is a paid order regardless of how it was paid for!

This was being discussed in this thread also.
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1170&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

In that thread, I mentioned that a buyer is more likely to leave feedback when requested personally by the seller.
Obviously, unpaid orders should not be allowed to leave feedback.

Sellers who want to cheat on their feedback will do it whether they have to pay a little bit to paypal or not, so the cheaters will do it regardless, this does not mean that we should have an unfair feedback system.

Have a great evening!
Lu
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Handcrafted

I agree, like I said, I would like to hear from eCrater on this. It would be interesting.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I preferred it BEFORE the feedback system ever started.

My biggest complaint about the feedback is NOT who can leave it and WHO can NOT but the number of transactions is absolutely NO ONES business but mine. I am not McDonald's and do not care to advertise 1 million burgers sold.

Let's face it. The feedback system on ecrater.com is here. IT's the way it will be. And we can spend years (already have, lol) complaining about it or we can just ignore it and go about our daily business, or I guess if you really have a problem with it you can just not use ecrater.com. It's obviously not going to change.
Personally, I don't think it was well thought out in the first place.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that posting the number of transactions is not a good thing, it can really make the seller look bad by having lots of transactions and little or no feedback, the shopper will wonder! Making suggestions does not always mean complaining! Hopefully Dimitri will post in with some comments.

A great day to all!
Lu
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree that posting the number of transactions is not a good thing, it can really make the seller look bad by having lots of transactions and little or no feedback, the shopper will wonder!

NOT only that - but my supplies sometimes look at "my" store. Trying to explain to them that I have only 78 sales (LOL) in the past year is very hard to do. Most vendors done sell online themself and don't like to believe a person can make a living and support a family on this type of business (online sales). When they check it out and say well you only had 78 orders in a year we don't want to do business with someone that small.
What they don't see - is the fact that in October alone I sold 33 pairs of jeans. They don't see it because it's mostly done off site. My customers love to call or email and that's where the major of my sales are completed.
Until I can convience the suppliers that number is worthless and convience them to do a 90-120 day trial period with me and I push their product during that time and they get 30+ orders in one month from me - then they see it and understand BUT that number of transactions has stopped many supplier from doing business with me. THAT hurts my business more then customers seeing it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: