eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Use Google Analytics with eCRATER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure you've done as ACRead say's above and give it more time. If you entered the UA# correctly in your store options it will work.

TCH Gifts & Things
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: GA STILL SAYS THAT TRACKING STATUS NOT VALIDATED Reply with quote

GiftCentral wrote:
Hi. I installed the ID yesterday, but when I log in to GA today, I get the below message:

Tracking for your website has not yet been validated: www.giftcentral.ecrater.com
Click 'Check Status' to validate whether or not you have added tracking correctly to your website's home page. Clicking the 'Check Status' will also provide instructions for adding tracking to your website.

Just wondering if I have done something wrong on the ID.

Thanks, Dawn Smile

Just make sure you've done as ACRead say's above and give it more time. If you entered the UA# correctly in your store options it will work.

TCH Gifts & Things
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps... sorry for the double post.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: GA STILL SAYS THAT TRACKING STATUS NOT VALIDATED Reply with quote

GiftCentral wrote:
Hi. I installed the ID yesterday, but when I log in to GA today, I get the below message:

Tracking for your website has not yet been validated: www.giftcentral.ecrater.com
Click 'Check Status' to validate whether or not you have added tracking correctly to your website's home page. Clicking the 'Check Status' will also provide instructions for adding tracking to your website.

Thanks, Dawn Smile

? did you enter the UA number at your eCrater account in Options? Did you check the box in front of "Enable Google Analytics" then scroll down and click on update?

Make sure the UA number includes the letter U and A and all the two dashes in it. There needs to be 7 numbers. If the one after the second dash is missing just put a 1 (that is profile number in your Google Analytics account.)

I wonder if the www part of the address is creating the problem. Because there isn't a www in the address. It is http://giftcentral.ecrater.com the www I think is a redirect.

Try this and see if it works:
Open Google Analytics
Click on "edit" at the very last column next to the profile name
Click on "Check Status" next to "receiving data" at the top of the page right at the top of the table on the right side
Scroll down and click on "Finish" button
GiftCentral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GA STILL SAYS THAT TRACKING STATUS NOT VALIDATED Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
GiftCentral wrote:

Thanks, Dawn Smile

? did you enter the UA number at your eCrater account in Options? Did you check the box in front of "Enable Google Analytics" then scroll down and click on update?

Make sure the UA number includes the letter U and A and all the two dashes in it. There needs to be 7 numbers. If the one after the second dash is missing just put a 1 (that is profile number in your Google Analytics account.)

I wonder if the www part of the address is creating the problem. Because there isn't a www in the address. It is http://giftcentral.ecrater.com the www I think is a redirect.

Try this and see if it works:
Open Google Analytics
Click on "edit" at the very last column next to the profile name
Click on "Check Status" next to "receiving data" at the top of the page right at the top of the table on the right side
Scroll down and click on "Finish" button

Looks like the problem was impatience on my part. I just logged in to GA and it seems to be working. Thanks for the response though.

Dawn Smile
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have forgotten how to add a store to my existing analytics account. do I high light the add a profile to a new domain or add a profile to an existing domain. It was such along time ago that I put my three shops in there and now I want to add my other three shops. Help someone. I know what info to put in the ecrater admin page but what button do I high light at google analytics
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you log in below the table there is "Add Website Profile" click on that and complete the info required. You'll be "Add a Profile for a new domain".
AvonAndMark4You

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ac. I just couldn't remember. I did it for three other stores and forgot because it has been such a long time.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out a way to exclude themselves when you have a dynamic IP address? Google gives info on a code you can put on the website that will set a cookie, but that isn't an option for us here.

My ISP address is subject to change every 24 hours. I've heard that most cable services are set-up this way. For sure MediaCom works this was through out the USA according to their tech service dept.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Has anyone figured out a way to exclude themselves when you have a dynamic IP address? Google gives info on a code you can put on the website that will set a cookie, but that isn't an option for us here.

My ISP address is subject to change every 24 hours. I've heard that most cable services are set-up this way. For sure MediaCom works this was through out the USA according to their tech service dept.

For the times when I use the dynamic IP, I use my gateway IP to filter. It works pretty effectively. However if others using the same gateway get filtered I would not know. There simply isn't much of a choice.
perfecttouchnoveltiesandgifts

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Google Analytics Reply with quote

I have signed up for GA. Now I need to know where this code is supposed to go in my ecrater store. I put the ID where it is supposed to go but I thought the code was to be added to my store pages somewhere.
perfecttouchnoveltiesandgifts

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: GA Code Reply with quote

Maybe I should take a week and read all the posts pertaining to a subject before I ask. I found the answer just after I sent the question. Sorry
Clair
momsretro

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten my code in and it has been tracking fine.
But, is there a way for it to track Ecommerce?

When I track Ecommmerce on other sites it shows how many sales I've made and where they came from.
acread

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does ecommerce thing involve you adding html (code) to the site? Then no. All you can do is add the UA#, nothing else.
momsretro

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The other site I use it on is Cafepress, and it tracks sales.
Just like eCrater I just enter my code in on Google. It tracks the site just like it does for eCrater except it can tell you what your sales totals were and where that sale came from. Maybe there is something else happening on the CP side?

Even without the sales tracking, I am glad to have Google tracking everything else on eCrater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: