eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Use Google Analytics with eCRATER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
Yes Ralph. The one I just got hooked up today is Viewfinders.

Check your P.M. box.

A good day to all.
ralph
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
peachstategal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand the report. Mine says I have had a total of 3 visits from all traffic sites this month. Only, when I look at my products, they show that some have been looked at as much as 50 times. G
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peachstategal wrote:
I just don't understand the report. Mine says I have had a total of 3 visits from all traffic sites this month. Only, when I look at my products, they show that some have been looked at as much as 50 times. G

I THINK that GA counts real search visits/real people clicking, while the Ecrater hits include a lot of spiders/crawlers/bots, plus they also include you checking an item yourself.

If I misunderstood what I read about this, I hope someone will correct me. But I believe it is normal to see fewer hits in GA than in our Product hits.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
I THINK that GA counts real search visits/real people clicking, while the Ecrater hits include a lot of spiders/crawlers/bots, plus they also include you checking an item yourself.

In theory, that is correct. However, from observations I reported on several months back, GA is not picking up all the real people activity (i.e. I had orders buying certain items that GA showed no activity on during those days). So I think the truth is that the real people hits, is less than what eCrater reports and more than what GA reports. It's somewhere in between.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it. Thanks for the clarification!
Becky
muchneededmerch

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the eCommerce option of GA works with EC?
kepssportscardsandmore

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also when you post something out of your store on twitter and facebook you will receive quantity hits. Try it. Post something that has no hits out of your store then go back and check the hits. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those 'hits' are courtesy of the bots and sypders, not necessarily live humans.
kepssportscardsandmore

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my point but I guess I didn't explain myself very good. After 56 years of married life I hear that all the time. Laughing
TJSToys

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please tell me where you paste the code for Google Analytics in your ecrater store? thanks!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJSToys wrote:
can someone please tell me where you paste the code for Google Analytics in your ecrater store? thanks!

Log in to your Admin page > Options on the left > Enable Google Analytics. Paste the UA- number in that box. There's a second box for your UK Analytics also.

It's always suggested to copy and paste and not try to type it yourself. I tried to type mine and it looked exactly like the original, but would not stick. When I pasted, it did! Laughing
jimselectronicshop

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Google analytics Reply with quote

I have hooked up Google analytics with my store and I think I did it right.

When I go to analytics, the status box shows a green check mark and says "gathering data". Is this ths way it's supposed to be?

Two questions: How do I keep Google analytics (or eCrater for that matter) from including visits that I make when I am checking on a product in my store?

Next question: How can I delete other websites thart I have on my Google analytics account?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Google analytics Reply with quote

jimselectronicshop wrote:
How do I keep Google analytics (or eCrater for that matter) from including visits that I make when I am checking on a product in my store?

In theory, you can suppress visits based up an IP address range. I tried that for many weeks, and could never get it to work correctly. So I settled for suppressing data based on the City location being provided by my ISP. (which may accidentally suppress a few other visits, but the number is likely small.

You do this on the main entry page for GA, lower right, look for Filter Manager.
jimselectronicshop

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Google analytics Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.

I was able to delete the old accounts I had on Google analytics, and, per your advice, I used the filter manager and was able to create a filter based on my IP address( which I had to look up-----great computer geek am I Laughing ).
Thanks again for the tip Jim D.
Andrewsclothingshop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: how to do you know if google analytics is working Reply with quote

Hello i put google analytics where the id goes in accout setting/options how do i if its working
Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: