eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Use Google Analytics with eCRATER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Analytics Reply with quote

easyshoppingonline wrote:
I already signed up for Google Analytics but where should I installed the code?
I don't see anywhere in ecrater control admin for Google Analytics installation.

Thank you for your help.
Smile Maria

Not the code, only the UA number (including the letters U and A and the dashes).

In your admin go to "Options"
Click in the small box to enable and paste the UA# in the larger one
Click "update" to save.

eCrater has the code in the system and does the pasting of the code to your pages. Since we can't edit html, it is done for us. The only unique portion of the code is the UA#.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
easyshoppingonline



Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Analytics Reply with quote

Thank you


ACRead wrote:
easyshoppingonline wrote:
I already signed up for Google Analytics but where should I installed the code?
I don't see anywhere in ecrater control admin for Google Analytics installation.

Thank you for your help.
Smile Maria

Not the code, only the UA number (including the letters U and A and the dashes).

In your admin go to "Options"
Click in the small box to enable and paste the UA# in the larger one
Click "update" to save.

eCrater has the code in the system and does the pasting of the code to your pages. Since we can't edit html, it is done for us. The only unique portion of the code is the UA#.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
easyshoppingonline



Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Image Reply with quote

Another question. I have been trying to figure out for hours how to remove the image on the left home page and change it with my own image?

I looked it up every menu and I still can't figure it out.

Thanks again,
Maria



easyshoppingonline wrote:
Thank you


ACRead wrote:
easyshoppingonline wrote:
I already signed up for Google Analytics but where should I installed the code?
I don't see anywhere in ecrater control admin for Google Analytics installation.

Thank you for your help.
Smile Maria

Not the code, only the UA number (including the letters U and A and the dashes).

In your admin go to "Options"
Click in the small box to enable and paste the UA# in the larger one
Click "update" to save.

eCrater has the code in the system and does the pasting of the code to your pages. Since we can't edit html, it is done for us. The only unique portion of the code is the UA#.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. go to Color Templates
2. click on the rectangle of your chosen template (the one with the radio button underneath it that has a green dot in it)
3. then click on browse
4. find file in your computer click on name
5. click on update

If you have other questions that do not relate directly to this topic, please post them in the Help or Sellers Only section, preferably on one of the related topics. So others looking for the info will be sure to see it as well.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MODandMORE



Posts: 9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Google Analytics and Visitors Reply with quote

Thanks for all the information on how to sign up for Google Analytics. I did it a couple days ago, and viewed my first report tonight. I had very few visitors (no surprise, I'm just getting started here), and I'm wondering if Google Analytics counts any page views by the site administrator (e.g., myself). Does anyone know? If yes, I had even fewer visitors than it reports!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Analytics and Visitors Reply with quote

MODandMORE wrote:
Thanks for all the information on how to sign up for Google Analytics. I did it a couple days ago, and viewed my first report tonight. I had very few visitors (no surprise, I'm just getting started here), and I'm wondering if Google Analytics counts any page views by the site administrator (e.g., myself). Does anyone know? If yes, I had even fewer visitors than it reports!

If you are not filtering for your computers IP it does count the times you open the store pages too.

Set up a filter.

You need to promote and advertise your site to bring in traffic. Put up links all over the net etc. Read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2132
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4220
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Abbystreasures



Posts: 39

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Google analytics ID won't seem to work. When I cut & paste it is wants a dash (-) between the last 2 numbers but if I do this it is still not verified. Any suggestions. Do I need to do anything else?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
momsretro



Posts: 801

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be listed next to your store name on your Dashboard.

Or, in your GA account click on Edit Settings for your store.

Then from Profile Settings click on Check Status (in the upper right corner).

That brings you to the Tracking Code Page. (Analytics Settings / Profile Settings / Tracking Code)

Web Property ID shows your UA number with the dash and the two second numbers.

The full number also appears at the bottom of the page in the tracking code (which you do not need to insert on your eCrater pages).

Good luck
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbystreasures wrote:
My Google analytics ID won't seem to work. When I cut & paste it is wants a dash (-) between the last 2 numbers but if I do this it is still not verified. Any suggestions. Do I need to do anything else?

Make sure you got the right amount of digits. What you put in the box should look like

UA-0000000-1

Of course you should have other numbers instear of 0's You have to have the letters U and A and the two dashes. If you are not seeing the last dash and the eigth number just add the dash then put a 1. If you haven created any other profile in your Analytics account the profile order number (the last digit after the dash) will be 1.

After you enter that in the box and click the small square to enable Google Analytics option save it by clicking "update" at the bottom.

Check your Analytics account after 10 minutes. Click on edit next to the profile, if it says "receiving data" at the very top you have done it correctly. Just wait 24 hours to see the first report. If not you need to fix things.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mugzinnys



Posts: 178

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: not set Reply with quote

I am getting the not set in content by title again is there any new news on why it occurs it has something to do with the shipping cart page?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: not set Reply with quote

mugzinnys wrote:
I am getting the not set in content by title again is there any new news on why it occurs it has something to do with the shipping cart page?

I think those pages don't have an actual name (Title) so they appear as "not set" in Content by Title since you can see them in Content Drilldown or Top Content pages, it shouldn't be a huge problem.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mywonderfulstore



Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Where do you place the Google Analytics code? Reply with quote

Hello! Could someone please tell me exactly where to place the Google Analytics code in our ecrater store? I only see the a box for the ID, which I filled in, but I see no other boxes to place the code. I feel like I'm missing something. Thank you in advance !!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do you place the Google Analytics code? Reply with quote

mywonderfulstore wrote:
Hello! Could someone please tell me exactly where to place the Google Analytics code in our ecrater store? I only see the a box for the ID, which I filled in, but I see no other boxes to place the code. I feel like I'm missing something. Thank you in advance !!
\

put the UA# in the box - that's it
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do you place the Google Analytics code? Reply with quote

mywonderfulstore wrote:
Hello! Could someone please tell me exactly where to place the Google Analytics code in our ecrater store? I only see the a box for the ID, which I filled in, but I see no other boxes to place the code. I feel like I'm missing something. Thank you in advance !!

I already answered this on this page. Scroll to the very top and read.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GiftCentral



Posts: 26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: GA STILL SAYS THAT TRACKING STATUS NOT VALIDATED Reply with quote

Hi. I installed the ID yesterday, but when I log in to GA today, I get the below message:

Tracking for your website has not yet been validated: www.giftcentral.ecrater.com
Click 'Check Status' to validate whether or not you have added tracking correctly to your website's home page. Clicking the 'Check Status' will also provide instructions for adding tracking to your website.

Just wondering if I have done something wrong on the ID.

Thanks, Dawn Smile
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum