eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Use Google Analytics with eCRATER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: how to do you know if google analytics is working Reply with quote

Andrewsclothingshop wrote:
Hello i put google analytics where the id goes in accout setting/options how do i if its working
Andrew

you check on your google account
it does take like 24 hours or something
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rainbowsapphirejewelers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: google analytics USA and UK Reply with quote

is the Google Analytics ID for USA and UK Google Analytics ID the same code?
sandysgingham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, What is confusing me and others, too, it sounds like.

I have gone to Options>>enable google analytics>>pasted code!

Now, where do I paste the "tracking html" provided by google that should be included also, provided at Google Analytics?

Google Analytics provides a Code Numer UN--------, and tracking code html.

So, we don't need to add the html code anywhere? Is that not necessary?
sandysgingham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, one more thing.

Is there a way we can see results for the Google banners on our page. I thought I saw somewhere that that information was available as well.

I already have an adsense account with multiple domains, but it doesn't show the ecrater banners. I didn't know if I needed to add that to my Google account too.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't take much stock in Google Analytics as the visits are going down on some of my stores instead of up. If you 20 visits or whatever a day it's supposed to go up - not down. On at least 2 of my stores it is going down daily. Therefore I just look at how many visits I've had that day.
dianescreations

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: google analytics Reply with quote

ok is it me or am i doing something wrong I dont see anything different on my google analytics. how long does it take to get updated i did get the email stating updating coming soon that was a while ago . I see nothing new or different.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: google analytics Reply with quote

dianescreations wrote:
ok is it me or am i doing something wrong I dont see anything different on my google analytics. how long does it take to get updated i did get the email stating updating coming soon that was a while ago . I see nothing new or different.

I think it must be still in the "beta" mode. I have been able to find all the new stuff, but I can't find it everytime I log in.
dianescreations

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: google analytics Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
dianescreations wrote:

I think it must be still in the "beta" mode. I have been able to find all the new stuff, but I can't find it everytime I log in.
how long does it take nothing new updated on my yet.
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perwinkles Wrote

Quote:
I don't take much stock in Google Analytics as the visits are going down on some of my stores instead of up. If you 20 visits or whatever a day it's supposed to go up - not down. On at least 2 of my stores it is going down daily. Therefore I just look at how many visits I've had that day.

I may be wrong but this is what I understand. I have GA tracking my original website and have found that after a certain amount of days, I believe it may be 30 days, the visits you had on that day (30 days ago) are deleted, causing your GA visits to go down. I believe GA is on a 30 day rotation so once the 30 day arrives, goodbye visits. That is most probably why you are seeing your visits going down.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohmygracie wrote:
Perwinkles Wrote

Quote:

I may be wrong but this is what I understand. I have GA tracking my original website and have found that after a certain amount of days, I believe it may be 30 days, the visits you had on that day (30 days ago) are deleted, causing your GA visits to go down. I believe GA is on a 30 day rotation so once the 30 day arrives, goodbye visits. That is most probably why you are seeing your visits going down.

By default, GA displays traffic from the last 30 days. You can change the window it is looking at. I have looked at traffic from a year ago with no problem. You have to change the range of dates (unless your GA data is different from mine that is).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If wanted to, you can display the analytics and compare one year to another or one month to another. Lots of different things that I haven't discovered it all yet. I only check out my analytics every little while as I'd rather focus on getting more listed as that seems to have the biggest impact on my buyers and visits.
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray and moonwhishesStore

My GA is the same as your's and mine is set to view just the past 30 days. Right now I'm only interested in the monthly activity. I had my website up last year and had to take it down and rebuild it all over again because of hosting problems (ftc came in and shut them down Shocked ). So I've only been tracking again since August Very Happy . BUT I did not know that you can go back and see your tracking from a year ago. I did know I could change the dates. Thanks for that information!! It's taken me a while to learn most everything about GA (from reading and reading). But you taught me something new! Love these forums!

Question: I put GA on ecrater last night. I have my green check. With my website I had to put the GA tracking code on in order for it to track. I'm not talking about the #, I'm talking about the code itself. I'm assumming that ecrater has that code inplanted on ecrater somewhere, because you can't put that code on unless you can get to the "backend" where all the coding is. OK, I'm getting to it Laughing I know it takes a while for visits to start showing, but the question is, if I have had traffic to my store the last couple of days (which I have) why aren't they showing? On my website they started showing right away from previous days. I have my # in on ecrater. I've read through most of the forum here and all I was finding was the people were only putting the # on and that was it. What can you tell me?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohmygracie wrote:
I'm assumming that ecrater has that code inplanted on ecrater somewhere, because you can't put that code on unless you can get to the "backend" where all the coding is.

eCrater takes care of putting the GA number where it needs to be to report activity on your product pages. Certain other pages in your store may also get that code. Be aware that your product pages are being tracked with your GA number and with a GA that belongs to the eCrater site. If you open the page source (the html) for a product page, scroll all the way to the bottom, you should see your GA number (assuming you have supplied it to eCrater) and the eCrater GA number.
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cosmicray!! It's there! I checked several pages and it's included.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: