eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

For all sellers who are already using Google Checkout
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: For all sellers who are already using Google Checkout Reply with quote

An Update:

* Please enter https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php in the "API callback URL" field after you sign in with your Google Checkout account.
This is located at: Settings -> Integration
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
laptop-drives

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is this used? What does it do?
maxxgraphix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When a buyer checksout using gbuy, the completed sale script at Google returns them to ecrater.

You edit this setting in your google checkout account settings.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if we can use the same GC account for different stores? Same ID # and key?
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you can use your GC account with different eCRATER stores.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks. Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what in my API callback url field already. Is this supposed to be new. I haven't changed anything since I opened the account.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not new - Posted 15 Aug 2006 12:56
delightfullyeclectic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I've got additional questions:

My google checkout is set up just fine and runs on all of my eCrater stores, where I utilize inventory control.

1. IF I have a buyer who purchases several items, whether from the same store or even out of a combination of stores; won't I be able to adjust the shipping charges?

I have marked my account with google to authorize first and then wait for me to manually send the charge through.

After reading through some of the threads I have this additional question:

2. IF the buyer puts an object from my store in their cart and they want to add another item from my store; do they go back to eCrater front page or do they go back to MY store page?

IF I am reading the thread discussion correctly about this subject my understanding is the buyer returns to the front of eCrater -

If this is the case - can I write something in my description asking buyers of more than one item to utilize a copy/paste of my eCrater url before starting into the purchasing of items.

This way they could find their way back without doing a search.

First - did I read the discussion correctly?
And then if so, can I prepare directions for potential buyers?

Thanks,
de
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. IF I have a buyer who purchases several items, whether from the same store or even out of a combination of stores; won't I be able to adjust the shipping charges?

UNLESS the buyer is in ecrater.com NOT your individual store I THINK the check out will see it as separate stores and each order will have a different checkout - combining orders from the individual store only. I COULD BE WRONG, but since each ecrater store has a different name I think that's what happens.

Quote:
2. IF the buyer puts an object from my store in their cart and they want to add another item from my store; do they go back to eCrater front page or do they go back to MY store page?

IF they came to your item via www.ecrater.com and NOT throught your store (www.delightfullyeclectic.ecrater.com) they are returned to www.ecrater.com when they click continue shopping.
IF they come directly to www.delightfullyeclectic.ecrater.com and click continue shopping they go back to YOUR STORE home page.

Quote:
If this is the case - can I write something in my description asking buyers of more than one item to utilize a copy/paste of my eCrater url before starting into the purchasing of items.

They don't need to copy and paste - they can click the url that is located to the right of the images under the word Store - that is a clickable link.
And YES, you can say in your descriptions something like to see ALL my items click the store link above.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They don't need to copy and paste - they can click the url that is located to the right of the images under the word Store - that is a clickable link.
And YES, you can say in your descriptions something like to see ALL my items click the store link above.

The link only shows when the buyer is in the eCRATER marketplace, not in your store. I add in my text descriptions "To see more, visit my store!
www.cuppatea.ecrater.com" It is not clickable but they can copy and paste it.
delightfullyeclectic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks to both of the above answers.

I was able to see that when a buyer puts something in the cart there is a button that says "continue shopping" and it does return the buyer to my store front as BTM pointed out.

And since it is ok to write up directions for buyers, I will think about all the "what if" scenarios and cover myself there too.

If anyone has a direct link to where to look for the google checkout info on changing the shipping for when you offer the "I will offer a combined shipping" rate, I would appreciate it. I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Very Happy Learned a lot of other stuff though.

Maybe someone here has actually altered a shipping invoice through google checkout for combined shipping? I'm assuming I can do it with the way I set things up there but assuming is not always the right way to go. Laughing

Have a great day everyone,
de
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone has a direct link to where to look for the google checkout info on changing the shipping for when you offer the "I will offer a combined shipping" rate, I would appreciate it.

This is a question I had thought about asking myself.

Is there a way to set up "Combined Shipping" if a customer buys more than one item? I had a lady buy 2 wallets from my other store, and she paid double shipping. She got charged shipping on each item. I felt so bad, because I didn't think that would happen. Instead of paying $5.00 for the shipping, she paid $10. It's a crummy feeling. I felt like a thief, so I added something extra in her package.

Thanks
Jackie
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there a way to set up "Combined Shipping" if a customer buys more than one item?

Yes but you have to ship by weight using the shipping matrix.

PLEASE stay on topic which is
Quote:
For all sellers who are already using Google Checkout
An Update:

* Please enter https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php in the "API callback URL" field after you sign in with your Google Checkout account.
This is located at: Settings -> Integration
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PLEASE stay on topic which is

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to change the subject. When I asked my question, I did mean within GC. Not eCrater. Sorry for the missunderstanding.

Jackie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: