eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does any one else absolutely fight going to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, though, Dorothy... you make it sound as though you can't be a good wife and mother, and a career woman as well.
I went to graduate school, worked, and raised kids at the same time, lots of women work and raise kids simultaneously, very well. It takes more effort and organization-but women who have to, or choose to, work-should not feel guilty. They are not lesser women than the ones who stay home, they are NOT 'part time parents'- in fact if they manage to raise well adjusted, happy kids, they should be congratulated!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just live in the wrong state...in Texas, it's half hers, no questions asked. Kansas sounds more and more to me like a crummy place to live, the more you talk about it.
saleslion1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your happy with how your home runs and have no issues while working from home then don't worry about anything else.

In the home its all about you and your family.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhmmm Sorry I said anything.
I just don't think anyone should have to get up to do anything for a spouse (male or female) - now if they want to that's their choice!
Nor did I mean my comment to be interpreted to mean that stay at home men or women are nothign more then a servant.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading this, it sounds as though it's a case of 'd@mmd if you do and d@mmd if you dont'' which is true-whether a woman works outside or inside the home, someone is going to criticize them for it! It's too bad society cannot accept that each of us does the best we can, and what we think is best for our family.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy....

Let me repeat, I VOLUNTEERED of my own volition to make his lunch. He never asked. It was done to make him feel GUILTY enough to do what he should have been doing all along...stop work and take a break. I learned a long time ago he can't be nagged into anything but he does respond to GUILT.

We've been married 30 years and I've been making his lunch for the last 2 years. Part of our success has been "taking care of each other". I see this as a small thing on my part.

What works for one couple may not work for another.
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
hhhmmm Sorry I said anything. .

Gee the 1st Page started talking about sleeping habits and I jumped to the 3rd page and it went to something way off which I'm not going to comment on, so try to get back to the sleeping storyline.

I've always been a night person(hate early mornings). Worked the grave-yard shift for over 18+ years. Now my sleeping habits are messed up on a permenent level. I've tried Abien before but its not much help(when it did I would wake up a couple hours later wide awake). Now I am taking Lunesta and its a little better. At least it helps me sleep most of the time through the whole night

Most people(I've noticed) take forever to wake up like pushing the snooze buttonover and over, but I never could do that, when the alarm goes off I get up get dressed in about 5 minutes and I'm out the door to work
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing for me is reading before I turn out the lights. It doesn't make me go to sleep earlier but when I do turn out the lights, I go to sleep quickly and will sleep soundly.

Pills don't work for me. I do have one that means I will sleep and wake up cheery, but if I take it at midnight hoping to be asleep by 1am, I waste a pill.

Even my cat has given up trying to wake me at daylight. Curling up on my feet is more satisfying than going out to sniff for other cats.

Dorothy, your description of how society and the law sees you as a stay at home mom/housewife is the very reason BT, myself and many others refuse to play the role. I grew up in a patriarchal home. I was rebelling against my "role" before I could read. If I lived in Kansas I'd hope for a tornado to blow me to the next state. (Based solely on what you said about the law there, DJ. I've never been there.)
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I finally get done listing... reading forums etc. & am almost ready to shut down, I like playing a computer game before I log off. Just to get my mind off biz & everything I need to do the next day.
(Super Granny is my fav. Laughing )
SpotlightDesignsByShelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I understand how BT can manage 11 stores & still watch over things on the forums Smile. Having the online store works well for me, cuz I can manage it anytime, like the wee hours of the morning when I can't sleep.
SpotlightDesignsByShelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like unwinding with a game too. Is super granny an online game, Scratch?
SpotlightDesignsByShelly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Poor wrote-I chose to be a Homemaker. I had enrolled in Law School, but when by total miracle, I found that I was able to have children, when told it was impossible, I dropped out of college instantly. Against all advice, I had my first child, and I decided that I wanted to be a stay at home mother, to enjoy watching my child grow, and not become one of those, part-time parents.

Law School, might have been an easier life, then the one I have, and it might have had less financial struggles. But I am more then sure, that I would not have been as happy as I am, to just be a lowly Housewife.

I do not find my lifestlye as being subservient to my husband, nor do I find it a chore or a job, but just the opposite, I am free to choose what I want to do, I do it willing and freely. That is the difference in just being married, but living your life for yourself, and really being married, and sharing your life with someone.[/quote]

minus the 'lowly housewife', HERE HERE Exclamation
littlesecret

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I have the same problem. The even more frustrating thing is that I am more productive at midnight than I am at 10 am. It's very frustrating cause I want to ring up someone to ask a question and have to scold myself to remember they're sleeping cause no one else on the planet is awake except me!!

I hate insomnia.
SewSouthernDesigns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I make my hubby's lunch, I lay out everything the night before, except for the sandwich in the summer and the soup in the winter. I have hot packs and cold packs that will keep the meals just the right temps for him. He has to eat a meal on the road, since he is a delivery truck driver. It is too expensive to eat out everyday, and I know he is getting better food in his lunches then what he would buy.
Dorothy

Good For you, Dorothy!!!

I do the same for my husband.

And BT,

Who has time for sleep? Too many things to learn and mistakes to correct! (talking about myself) Laughing
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't sleep --- LOl, just watch the times on my post, lol

I do sleep the 5th Friday of every month
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: