eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

OUCH! My 1st NEG on eCrater Undeserved!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: OUCH! My 1st NEG on eCrater Undeserved! Reply with quote

<Begin rant>

Well I sold a item on 7/30 shipped same day w/ delivery confirmation. Arrived 8/03 and the buyer claims she didn't receive. She sent a polite email

"Thanks for the delivery conf.#, but unfortunately the Post Office here in
Woodlake, Ca. said that it only meant that my fan pulls I ordered only
arrived at the Post Office. After they took a few minutes of looking in
thier back room they told me they didn't have my package and didn't know
were it would be. You could imagine how disappointed I was to find out that
my package was lost during delivery. I still have not recieved my fan pulls
that were meant for my sons room. I love all the things on your site and was
wanting to order more but I am afraid of risking another lost package. Is
there anything you could do for me or is it a lost cause?"

How could it be lost during delivery if the postal worker scanned it when it was delivered? Is it my responsibility to contact the P.O. and find out what happened? If the package was lost in the building THEY should get the negative feedback complaint.

<end rant>
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess i would contact the post office with your del. confirmation number and ask them to put a trace on it and see where it ended up.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Henhouse! Cute Avatar!

Yes I called 1800 ask-usps and gave them the info and they said it was scanned when delivered to her house. If it really had ended up just at the P.O. the lady informed me it would say "Arrived at unit" So either her package was stolen from her mailbox, porch
or she's lying.

Oh well I know I did my part by shipping her package and if she has a complaint it should be with the Post Office not me. Now I wonder if I can get this unwarranted red mark off my reputation. I'm going to try
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks
Did you email her and tell her what they said at the 1-800 #?Hopefully you can get your reputation cleared up
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's her post office's fault. Maybe the carrier scanned it before it actually got delivered and then lost it (or misdelivered it). Who knows..

But she said herself that her post office acknowledged that the package had made it that far if I read this quote correctly:

Quote:
unfortunately the Post Office here in Woodlake, Ca. said that it only meant that my fan pulls I ordered only arrived at the Post Office.

UNLESS you paid for full DC (50) and the only scan was from the accepting post office. In which case it could be anywhere.

Is there any way to retract eCrater feedback?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamless-Switchplates wrote:

Oh well I know I did my part by shipping her package and if she has a complaint it should be with the Post Office not me. Now I wonder if I can get this unwarranted red mark off my reputation. I'm going to try

Not exactly. The rules regarding mail order businesses which apply to online businesses state it is the responsiblity of the seller to get the item to the customer in the proper condition. Which the seller really has no way of proving unless they send the package so it has to be signed for.
In my 7+ years of selling online I have had similiar problems only a couple of times. Had the package scanned as arrived but the buyer says they didn't get it. One was an order over $200.
Personally, in the name of customer service I make good on it myself if I did not insure it. ANd yes, U-PIC insurance had paid several claims for me in the past that the eDC showed as delivered.
Talk to your own PO, they will tell you how unreliable eDC service is. Just because it was scanned - don't mean she got it. It could have been delievered to the wrong address, fall out of the carriers bag or truck (many scan them before they actual get to the box it belongs in). Heck, many never scan because scanners don't always work.

There are hundreds of reasons why it could have been scanned and still not received.
If you do call her PO, ask to talk to the carrier that would have delivered it on that day - or that person's supervisior might be better. Many mail carriers have been known to stash mail and it's found years later - lol, just search google you'll find 100's of stories.

So she might not he lying at all!
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I always try to be positive if something happens that is negative for the buyer. One of my first rules for myself is assume the buyer is telling the truth. The world is full of good people so I don't want to think badly of people when it is only a few that are jerks.

I would go through the motions of trying to find the package, but in the meantime, if you have more of the same item, resend it to her. If not, offer her something of value to try to smooth things over so she is a repeat customer. If it happens again, I would be leary of continuing the relationship, otherwise, your concern could bring you a long term repeat buyer.

Just my thoughts Smile
urbanmash

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always give the customer the benefit of the doubt (even if I suspect that they may be lying). If I have another of the same item available, I send it. Otherwise (in the case that delivery confirmation says that they did receive it), I offer store credit. If the confirmation does not show delivery (or I sent the package without confirmation at all as with Canadian orders), I will also offer a refund as an option if I do not have a replacement. Solid customer service is far more valuable than the cost of losing a single order.

On lower valued orders, I self insure. The PO loses maybe one order in 100 and it is cheaper for me to just pay for that single lost order than to buy insurance for each individual order. If the order is of greater value than I can afford to eat, I purchase insurance and require a signature at delivery. That way I am covered. I never charge my customers extra for insurance, as it actually protects me and not them.

I don't know if there is a way to remove feedback, but you might want to consider this type of situation from a consumer's perspective. I know if I don't receive an item I ordered, I am not going to pay for it; and if I have to work to get a replacement or refund, I'm not going to buy from that merchant again (even if I eventually get that replacement or refund). I have been the consumer who received a package even though DC said I didn't; and once had the DC say it was delivered, even though it wasn't (fortunately, it showed up a few days later). It happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: