eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Excited about new store - appreciate any suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monica-maria

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Excited about new store - appreciate any suggestions Reply with quote

Hello, just getting my store stocked and would appreciate any suggestions

eCrater has a great look and I enjoy how easy it is to list items. I know I have alot to learn so try to spend time reading posts from others. Everyone here seems to be so helpful and encouraging.

Thanks for any help,
Monica
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monica-Maria

You're off to a great start. I would suggest that you increase your logo size cause it isn't currently readable as it is too small. It also looks almost out off place at that size with everything else.

I would also fill in your terms of service so your customers have somewhere to gather all the information they need to make an informed decision.

I love your bags! Great patterns and so versatile. Good Luck!

Cheers
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
monica-maria

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words about my purses and the great suggestions. I will get to work on the logo and filling in the information as soon as I can.

Have a great day,
Monica
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monica!

As BlueByrd stated, the terms are very important, particularly your refund/exchange policy and order processing times.

Your bags are FANTASTIC! Those camo totes are brilliant! I hope you are remembering to BRAND the items you are making. You know, labels or plates on the bags. I know that as a merchant, I would jump on these if they were available wholesale; and, I doubt I am the only one. Just something you might want to keep in mind for the future. Wink

Good luck!

Leesha Dawn
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. - Camo is in right now. Red, black, and metallic are also going to be big this fall. You go girl!
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey urban

Thanks for the color tips for fall - how in the world do you know what the colors are going to be? That would be great information to have.

Cheers
urbanmash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueByrdCollectibles wrote:
Hey urban

Thanks for the color tips for fall - how in the world do you know what the colors are going to be? That would be great information to have.

Cheers
Seasonal colors are determined predominantly by the high fashion mags (most notably Vogue). It begins with the haute couture runway shows and designers. Mags like Vogue then report the hot colors based on what the most influential designers are favoring. Women will be looking for colors that the fashion mags claim to be "of the now."

Vogue in particular, is pushing black accessories in a big way. Black, being a staple in our wardrobes in any fall/winter season, is overwhelimingly embraced when it is called this season's look. And I'm already seeing confirmation of red in all the bridal shops, where there is a rash of red bridesmaid's dresses.

I think Monica's bags are awesome! From the photos, they look well constructed, with unique features that you don't normally see in tote style bags. All of them are very nice, but those camo bags totally ROCK! They look designer, uniquely so. The lady's onto something.
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your bags look great.Good luck with your store.I might suggest adding the word chicken somewhere in the listing for that gorgeous rooster bag as I'm always on the lookout for chicken stuff and when I did a search on your site for chicken that didn't show up
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Urban - I didn't realize that there was so much emphasis placed on that kind of stuff. Maybe it's cause I am a rebel and wear what I want when I want instead of being part of the belly button crew Cool - lol
monica-maria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement and taking the time to give some suggestions.

I changed the logo, added the terms and will work on adding the word chicken to the rooster and sunflower purse.

I have a new camo tote that I hope to add next week and also a different style that has the pockets on the outside.

From a grateful newbie,
Monica
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the totes, and I love the handy pockets. I'm always digging for my keys, cell, etc...

I see alot of sellers here not take advantage of the huge amount of character space we have available in our title space here. Use them all. Lots of keywords. You can almost do a small description with all the characters they allow here. Include something about your pockets, and the size, and color, and pattern, and they're custom designed, etc...
bluechipjapan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Monica-Maria,

The store looks great, and so do your products. No one else has mentioned your line to have a great day in Jesus. That statement will probably cause you to lose some sales, although how many is unclear. I have no intention in starting a religious debate. I only mention it as a business critique.

Chip
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one else has mentioned your line to have a great day in Jesus.

It is unclear how many of us lose business for whatever reason. There are an awful lot of Christians out there. I don't think it matters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: