eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi, another newby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
6pennysprocket

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Hi, another newby Reply with quote

OK so I'm apparently a dense pack because I'm just not getting this Google attributes thing. Thought it is where you put your tag words but everything I put in, including color, gets rejected. Can someone please explain to me in plain English how to do this or direct me to where I put the tags words???? THANK YOU!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I don't deal with jewelry etc. so I leave those folks to help you with your attributes.

Of note on your "FLOWERS loom beaded bracelet", after seeing a current Amazon forum thread, you are using the word VELCRO improperly and they get on the warpath about their products. Unless this is made with actual 'VELCRO(R) hook and loop fastener', you can NOT use the term Velcro in your titles and descriptions. You can, however, make mention to the fact that it closes with a hook and loop fastener. And if you made this bracelet and have the packaging that this hook and loop fastener is indeed the VELCRO(R) brand I believe you can mention it as "VELCRO(R) hook and loop fastener", but if it is not the real VELCRO(R) you can not use the word Velcro anywhere in your text. You may only describe the fastener as a hook and loop fastener.

The above is for all eCRATER Sellers to be aware of. Smile

If you plan on making any more of these bracelets, you might want to remember that many women have wrist sizes larger than 7". Trying to find a wristwatch is difficult as they make them in what they call 'women's standard' which being interpreted is 7 1/2". Sorry, but not my size. The worst part is if they would just say to begin with the band size it would be easier to shop for watches and bracelets. Just a pet peeve of mine, nothing against you!
6pennysprocket

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that heads up--who knew!! But do you know where I put the tag words for product? Thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I don't deal with your types of products so for me to help with that I would most likely steer you the wrong way.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and to the eCRATER Community! I'll try to answer some of your question. As far as your question regarding "tag words for product", I'm sorry but I don't really know what you mean by "tag words". That isn't a term used on eCRATER. On eCRATER there are two things of concern for the best visibility of your items, Google Attributes and keywords.

If you want your items shown in Google Shopping (the feed is free here), you must add the Google Attributes that Google Shopping requires. The eCRATER team has tried to make this as easy as possible. Once you've logged into your store, look to the left and click on Promote My Store in the More Options section. There you'll find detailed information about which Google Attributes you need to add for best placement in Google Shopping. Two important points, in section one, products you've made yourself are considered custom made and would always use the Google Attribute identifier_exists with a value of False or No. The second important point is the fact that Google Shopping considers ALL jewelry, watches, and apparel accessiories (hats, gloves, shoes, purses, belts, etc.) as needing the Attributes listed for apparel even if they are custom made. All Google Attribute Titles MUST be entered in lower case with NO capital letters and with no spaces before or after the title. (easy to get an extra space if you use cut/paste). Some Attribute Values have special requirements for the way they are entered. There is a link for full information on the Google Shopping Attributes given at the end of the section. You mentioned color and I know Google has special requirements for how they want you to submit multiple colored items. Just click on the link and scroll through the column on the right until you see color.

When you write your titles and descriptions you want to add the keywords a buyer would use to search for your item. We are allowed 100 characters in our titles and the eCRATER search (both marketplace and within your store) is title only, so be sure to add enough words to explain the item. For example, if you are selling a ring, be sure to say ring in the title even if the item is in the category for rings. My rule of thumb is to 1) use as many of the 100 characters as possible AND make sure the most important information is within the first 55 to 65 characters. Then 2) write the description as if there were no photos AND show as much as possible in the photos as if there were no description. The internet search engines search both title and description so give them needed keywords to find your item.

Hope this helps get you started in the right direction.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't listed jewelry in a long time but I can't remember specific terms for the left column. My best recollection is:

length
width,
feature I'd say hand beaded, and whatever the design for that item
material
color
occasion like casual, dressy, formal, etc or more specific

I put tons of attributes on my inventory when I listed but every once in a while Google changes its mind and erases most of them. I don't bother to put them back on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: