eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Search engines and what is submitted?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Search engines and what is submitted? Reply with quote

I just wanted to say hello for I am back after changing my name. Your pros and cons regarding changing were very helpful. Thank you all again!
Now I have another question: Today I read where BigTall said "that it takes 4-8 WEEKS for search engines to find you after you have submitted to them."
I probably shouldnt ask but will anyway -- what should be submitted and just how is it done? Are there instructions/information
or does anything submitted get accepted? I did read where the store name needs to appear on each page but guess
getting noticed takes more than that.

Until tomorrow - TIA
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you need to submit is - http://attictreasures.ecrater.com/

YOU go to the submit links for the search engines - give them your URL (above) and they they fine your site and "crawl" it - getting the info they need for their site. That's it. You need to do nothing more.

So basically, you are telling them I have a site --- come find me. They come and read your META TAGS, and search your space to see what you got. Once it's done the first time they come back again and again. BUT if you don't submit it - they don't know you are there and won't ever come.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTall for the information as that seems easy enough to do..
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To acheieve a good postion use at last 85 keywords or metas, I have a program that I used and was able to place on the first page 3rd link down if you seach for peaks island silver. However it took me hours to get my site ready for engines because of the keyword issues
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: What Program Did You Use? Reply with quote

I know nothing in the area of metas or how robots/engines/spiders and the like search.

You mentioned a program - could you share which one?

Peak, there is a page the Ecrater has "Promote Your Store" that is great for submitting.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What Program Did You Use? Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:

Mary... try this one... http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html ... Tom Very Happy
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peaksislandsilverco wrote:
To acheieve a good postion use at last 85 keywords or metas, I have a program that I used and was able to place on the first page 3rd link down if you seach for peaks island silver. However it took me hours to get my site ready for engines because of the keyword issues
Peak I dont believe the ranking you received when you do a search of your own store name is what you are looking. Wouldnt your store name be unique and would always be on the top of the page? Isnt it the search engine ranking that you are trying to reach? This is all new to me too so perhaps I am not correct and someone in the know can help.

I did get 100% rating for my Title Tag and the Meta Description Tag for my other store, The Rainy Day Books. They were easy compared to the Meta Keywords. I worked several days on the Meta Keywords where I managed to go from TERRIBLE TO VERY POOR and ended up thinking that was a wonderful improvement. LOL ... Joyce Very Happy

tchgiftsandthings wrote:
cuteasabug wrote:

Mary... try this one... http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html ... Tom Very Happy
tchgiftsandthings - The Meta Tag Analyzer tool was the only way I got anywhere with the Meta Tags! I only wish it could help me more with my keywords . . . I had to cut my Meta Keywords from 85 down to 20 to even get my improvement! Embarassed
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Tried It - Not Good Reply with quote

Great tool - I was able to forward the link to the folks that developed the website - they came back with - clarify what you want done and I returned their email stating to fix everything in "red." Haven't heard from them since!

I think the development and marketing sides of their business are two different fees. I also wrote to the site itself and told them I had access, but was lost from there.

Thanks for the tool.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I'm going to show my ignorance once more. What are metatags and where do you put 85 keywords?
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Keywords Reply with quote

When I ran the tool it came back with using only 33 keywords to be the most efficient.

If you right click on an empty portion of your site and look under View Source is where I see my Meta/Title/Keyword Descriptions.

I still can not change the pics on my front page so beyond that I'm lost and send the new script to the developers for my site.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
Okay. I'm going to show my ignorance once more. What are metatags and where do you put 85 keywords?

Look on your opening "Welcome" page ~
Left side is "Navigation" column ~
Under "Texts & Colors" click on "Edit Texts" ~
What you want to fill in are the last 3 items:
Title Tag
Meta Description Tag
Meta Keywords Tag

I hope this helps and I haven't confused you . . .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainy Day books

Do you repeat words? I mean do you write vintage jewelry, vintage linens, etc. or just use the word vintage once?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainy Day books

Do you repeat words? I mean do you write vintage jewelry, vintage linens, etc. or just use the word vintage once?

REPEAT! Plus it will take time for you to figure out the right order the words are placed in there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order? Would you elaborate on that? I've got a whole string of words but had no idea they should be in any kind of order.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Order? Would you elaborate on that? I've got a whole string of words but had no idea they should be in any kind of order.

It takes time and patiences. The order of your words and phrase and placement of them within your tags all make a difference. Try it like you have it, then move them around keep doing this until you think it's working.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: