eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping matrix question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phonicsandmore

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: shipping matrix question Reply with quote

matrix is set at small size 1 lbs=$1 2lbs=$2 4lbs=$3

If weight for tapes is set at .5 lbs, then 1 tape is $1, 2 tapes are $1, 4 tapes are $2....what are 3 tapes; $1 or $2??? Is 1.5 lbs still $1 or over 1lbs is $2?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
BlueByrdCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping matrix is kind of tricky and applies to different stores differently. It is really up to you to decide how best to manipulate the matrix so it works good for you. There are a few other posts that discuss the matrix and some ideas on how to set it up. I personally use the pounds as a category instead of the wieght that is implied.

Category 1 I have set for shipping items that will go letter mail. Category 2 I have packages under 8 oz., 4 is for under 16 oz and so on. This works for me because I ship light items. But is it just an example of how you can use it best for you.

Hope this helps Smile
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the matrix rounds up -- like the USPS does, actually. So a 1.5 lb package would go at the 2 lb rate (because it's past the 1 lb barrier).

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong..
CollectibleMemoriesandMor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Using Matrix - HELP Reply with quote

Hi, I just had two sales and had the matrix for weight but when I got the notice and it showed them on the invoice it did not include any shipping. I emailed the buyer with the total as I had said in my listing to email me for exact shipping charges before bidding as I was new to this site. Why did it not show any shipping charges on the invoices. Also what do you do with the items when they have been sold as they are still listed on the site?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Using Matrix - HELP Reply with quote

CollectibleMemoriesandMor wrote:
Hi, I just had two sales and had the matrix for weight but when I got the notice and it showed them on the invoice it did not include any shipping. I emailed the buyer with the total as I had said in my listing to email me for exact shipping charges before bidding as I was new to this site. Why did it not show any shipping charges on the invoices. Also what do you do with the items when they have been sold as they are still listed on the site?

IF they were shopping at ecrater.com and not directly in your store BUT at the whole site the ORDER won't show shipping
because it will have your stuff, my stuff and his stuff - all the shipping can be different.
SO when you get the notice of the order YOU need to invoice the correct amount.
NOW if your items show ZERO for shipping -- well then you are in the wrong, you can't have the item show ZERO for shipping then turn around and expect the buyer to pay you more.

ALSO - there is no bidding here -- so why would you say -
email me for exact shipping charges before bidding
You either have to use the shipping matrix or fixed shipping or ship it free

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did have in my auction that they need to email me because I just started here - I didn't know that you had to put an amount in the shipping. Things are confusing here and I still don't understand the matrix. I guess if she sends me payment I will have to honor it but I put shipping costs on everything else. Thanks for the comment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also how do you invoice do you just change it or send an email? I think I tried selling on this site once before and found it to be confusing. I like it though if I can figure everything out.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CollectibleMemoriesandMor wrote:
Also how do you invoice do you just change it or send an email? I think I tried selling on this site once before and found it to be confusing. I like it though if I can figure everything out.

You send one of your invoices - a bill - somethign that says they owe you X amount and where to sent it and what they bought. Business 101

If you use PayPal and they are paying via paypal you can go there click on request money, click on invoicing and send it from there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent her an email stating where and how much to send so I guess that would be my invoice. Thanks.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder: Please don't hijack threads with different questions. It's best to start a new one so (a) the original topic is dealt with properly, and (b) your question will more likely be seen.

poopsheet wrote:
I believe the matrix rounds up -- like the USPS does, actually. So a 1.5 lb package would go at the 2 lb rate (because it's past the 1 lb barrier).

Can somebody verify this for me?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Just a friendly reminder: Please don't hijack threads with different questions. It's best to start a new one so (a) the original topic is dealt with properly, and (b) your question will more likely be seen.

I wish there was a way I could branch off topic questions out to their own thread but there's not. So I do my best to help everyone.

poopsheet wrote:

Can somebody verify this for me?

YOU can ALWAYS test it our yourself and see ... just place an order BUT don't pay for it. THat's the best thing to do when you want to see what happens.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
YOU can ALWAYS test it our yourself and see ... just place an order BUT don't pay for it. THat's the best thing to do when you want to see what happens.

Well, yeah, but I'm lazy!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wish there was a way I could branch off topic questions out to their own thread but there's not. So I do my best to help everyone.

Yeah, I know, and that's good. Hijacking threads is just one of my pet peeves -- especially when the original topic isn't really solved or finished.

No offense to anybody though, honest!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: