eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

This is not allowed -
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrbooksanditems wrote:

Subject: Duplicate listings

I have 3 similar items with different conditions.

1. ) In New Condition. Example title: My book by boo hoo
2. ) In Good Condition. Example title: My book by boo hoo Used - Good
3. ) In Acceptable Condition. Example title: My book by boo hoo Used - Acceptable

Will I get in any trouble because of this. Advice needed.

You will be fine as long as you put the condition in the title and the description and your images are not the same one in every listing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You will be fine as long as you put the condition in the title and the description and your images are not the same one in every listing

Thank you, bigtallmensclothing.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Big and Tall was refering to several pages back, is that you cannot create a seperate listing for any type of shipping services or insurance options and list them in your store as if it were a physcial item that the customer can add to their cart. You cannot create a listing for these services as ecrater requires that all listing be for a physcial item that is on hand and can be shipped to a buyer. Insurance and overnight shipping upgrades cannot be seen or used by a buyer once their order has been received so technically, they do not count as a physical item. Well, they can be seen in the form of a sticker with a barcode but, you know what I meant by that.

I know that the shipping matrix and USPS calculator do not have all of the shipping services and additional options that some of us would like to offer our customers but, if you create a listing that is for lets say an "Overnight Shipping Service Upgrade" or an "Add Insurance to your order Upgrade", even if you CLEARLY STATE in the listing that these services are only to be purchased by customers who are placing an order in your store, some buyer that cannot read or simply refuses to read the listing all the way through, will always come along and end up adding the extra options to their cart thinking that these extra options apply to all stores on ecrater and not just your store only.

I once had a lady buy 3 items from my store and she added an overnight shipping option to her cart that was created by another seller for that seller's store only, and she of course did not read that the additional overnight service option was not created by me and did not apply to my store. She complained the next evening asking why her order had not yet arrived. Basically, she just paid $21 for overnight shipping from someone else's store just for the heck of it because none of her actual items were purchased from that seller and I had to contact the other seller on her behalf and explain the mixup. It causes confusion, and ecrater is already confusing enough as it is to older buyers and buyers who are basically, excuse my blunt choice of words, stupid.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to offer a service that is not already listed on ecrater in the shipping admin section, you could make a note in your listings underneath the physical items you have for sale that say something like:

"Contact me if you want to upgrade this purchase to overnight shipping service or wish to add insurance to this item, and I will send you an invoice via Paypal so you can pay for the difference in the shipping costs. Upgrading from priority mail to an overnight service will cost the buyer an extra $18.00 and insurance will cost an extra $3.30 which will be billed to the buyer after your order has been paid for and we have received your note instructing us to bill you for the additional upgrade costs."

I think that would be ok as these options would only be displayed underneath your product details inside of your previously created item listings, and buyers would know that this option only applies to the items in your store. I've seen plenty of sellers do it this way and I have not seen anything on ecrater that says you cannot offer the services directly from within an already existant listing and offer to bill your customers for the difference in price if they request you to do so. I however, just add the price of insurance (if applicable) into the shipping total so as not to cause any confusion to my buyers. You can obtain a list from your local USPS on how to calculate the correct charge for insurance, so you can go ahead and add it into your shipping total without causing any extra hassle for your buyers.
PhotoMugs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: PRICE Reply with quote

WHEN I PUT THE PRICES IN i put
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photomugs, your message got cut off.

By the way. I noticed in your store you have a listing called "Elivis". With the misspelling, you won't draw any Elvis fans to the listing. You are allowed 100 characters in a title and you should use them.

Also do you have permission from the different companies that have registered the different trademark items that you are selling on your site, to sell these items? You don't have enough information about these mugs, clocks, etc. as to who makes them. So we can't tell if you are a legitimate reseller of these items or not. I only bring this up, since this is something that ecrater looks at closely and will suspend a seller if they can't show proof that they are allowed to be selling these types of things. They do this to prevent counterfeit and pirated goods from ending up on ecrater.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks suspended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: