eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another ebay transplant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shorn-sheep

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Another ebay transplant Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here - surprise. I'm trying to get this all figured out and how to get my customers over here. Slowly today, I've been trying to fill eBay orders, list some stuff over there for special orders and figure out ecrater so I can list here. I'm overwhelmed and my head hurts but I think I'm getting it. I at least got google checkout integrated - now to just write all the new ads. Jeesh, a lot of work and to keep up with all my old ebay special orders. How long before ecrater thinks my store is not up and running? Hopefully we have some time before they close me down because I only have one item up. Thanks
shorn-sheep woollens
hand dyed wool for rug hooking
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Great to have you! I will be sure to check out your store when you get it stocked.
shorn-sheep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh - I have to get off of here and get more orders done. I"m just so SCARED of leaping completely off of ebay. I'm so comfortable there but the fees were killing me. I just need to plunge in and do it -
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long before ecrater thinks my store is not up and running?

Unless you have a violation of terms your store won't be closed.
You can put it on hold if you aren't ready for shoppers.

Please read - ATTENTION New ecrater.com Sellers - please read
shorn-sheep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it's time to start clearing things off of eBay and list them here. I'm just overwhelmed and still have custom orders to fill on eBay. I should be doing that right now but I'm trying to read more info on the boards here. I'll get some stuff up tomorrow.
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Nice to have you join us - Dawn
cacshack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!! Wishing you the best.
Melissa Very Happy
shorn-sheep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisom - OMG I LOVE your postcards. There's no way to add a store to a favorites. That's sad - I'll just have to bookmark yours.

And cacshack - I love birdhouses. Thanks guys.

I'm going to be listing here today and get some stuff up - supporting the eBay boycott. Any new stuff I list over there will have a $3.00 price hike per item. That will make my prices on ecrater look good and I'm still in line with the google search. I've spent the last few days gleaning email addresss from paypal and adding them to my address book - I never thought of doing that before. I have every customer that ever bought wool from me and I'm going to do a mass email to them all once I get more items up to ecrater. People who rug hook always need more wool to hook with - that's the beauty of selling craft supplies. They use them up and then need more.
cacshack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorn-sheep... Thank you. I can't wait to see your items. I use to sell on ebay, left way before all of the yucky stuff started. I do offer combined shipping on my items as well.

Have a great week!! Very Happy
Melissa
shorn-sheep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are people actually selling via ecrater? I check feedback's for completed sales and I'm a little concerned about not seeing actual sales very much.
cacshack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorn-sheep... I had my store here about 6 months ago and my computer died... Sad But I just reopened it about a week and 1/2 ago, but before, I had a good amount of sales. And I think, if the customer doesn't use paypal it doesn't count on completed sales.

Melissa Very Happy
desertgraceboutiqueplus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome shorn-sheep, you will like it here! Grace
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An individual stores sales are solely up to their advertising, promoting, working to get buyers in.
eCrater.com is certainly not a list it someone will find it and someone will buy place like ebay - which cost you dearly for them to bring you buyers and they don't always pull it off but you still paid them for the opportunity of having your stuff on their site.
Here you do all the work (accept for a google submission) and you get all your profits.

Feedback does not represent sales. It only represents ORDERS that were instantly paid through the ecrater system. Most of my orders are done via email. Some of my stores have no feedback even those I regularly have volume sales out of them. Matter of fact I just sold 21 of one item and since I give a volume discount and lower shipping (of course) those sales are never seen through my store. I would NEVER have these volume sales if I didn't have my store here because they would have most likely never have found me.
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorn-sheep wrote:
Well, I guess it's time to start clearing things off of eBay and list them here. I'm just overwhelmed and still have custom orders to fill on eBay. I should be doing that right now but I'm trying to read more info on the boards here. I'll get some stuff up tomorrow.

Welcome Very Happy Consider this a cyber hug. I know how you feel..but you will be ok. Have you contacted all your buyers through your own email program letting them know where to find you? You sound like you have a good following, use it..

I have found ecrater to be much easier than the bay...all places have a learning curve and need time to grow...you will be ok. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: