eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about Weight/Shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ofdiceandmen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Question about Weight/Shipping Reply with quote

Question Hi,
I am brand new to eCrater. Actually, I should say "we" since my wife is the tech person). We are Joe & Maryanne DeMark. We are Ebay vets, and thought we would try this new site. Our store is "Of Dice and Men".
I wonder if someone out there would help with this SHIPPING/WEIGHT problem we are having while trying to set up or eCrater store..
Even though we have chosen "fixed price" for shipping, the page seems to be calling for me to give the "weight" of the item to be sold. I thought that would be for "Weight Dependable" category items only. ??
Am I making a mistake somewhere else on the page, or do I need to put the item (Box of Baseball card packs) in a larger box with stuffing to see how much it will weigh when shipped ??
Any help would be greatly appreciated! We hope to hear from someout there who is an eCrater "vet".. or just a friendly person. Thanks!

... Joe
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome - glad you joined us - the following is in the "set up your store questions" thread - hopefully, this will help? Dawn

Could you please explain the shipping matrix?

Shipping matrix is an important part of the weight-based shipping. Sometimes flat rate shipping is not suitable. For example imagine that you are selling post cards, or stamps or t-shirts. If you set a flat rate of $5 per item and somebody orders from your store four post cards the shipping will total $20. Obviously, it is not acceptable to pay $20 just for shipping just of four post cards. Here is where the weight based shipping can help. With the shipping matrix you can set different rates depending on the total order's weight.

- The horizontal represents all weights according to the weight scale you choose in the "Weight Scales" menu.

- The vertical lists all the zones that you have selected in the 'Shipping Zones' menu

- Where the horizontal and the verticals cross, fill out the shipping prices.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about Weight/Shipping Reply with quote

ofdiceandmen wrote:
Even though we have chosen "fixed price" for shipping, the page seems to be calling for me to give the "weight" of the item to be sold. I thought that would be for "Weight Dependable" category items only. ??

It just requires something to be in that field (I think any number but 0). If you used fixed rate then it won't affect anything. If you should ever switch to weight-based down the road, however, you'll have to go into each listing and add a proper weight.
adventuress

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm not really new here but new to listing here.
I put weight dependable shipping but it has all 0.00 for all shipping in the item listing itself. I did a trial buy it now and it did not put the shipping on it.
I have my weight chart filled out for small since most items under 10 lbs.
So what the heck?

Thanks for any help
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to put something in the weight spot for fixed price but it doesn't really matter what as long as it is a positive number 0 and up. No one sees it but you.
adventuress

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess I'll go back to fixed shipping prices if it's not going to show any kind of shipping then
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adventuress wrote:
Hi,
I'm not really new here but new to listing here.
I put weight dependable shipping but it has all 0.00 for all shipping in the item listing itself. I did a trial buy it now and it did not put the shipping on it.
I have my weight chart filled out for small since most items under 10 lbs.
So what the heck?

Thanks for any help

What do you have on the shipping matrix to charge for that weight?
and you are sure that you did not click FREE shipping my mistake and have the right weight for the amount you wanted it to pull oput of the matrix??
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adventuress I'm not sure we are on the same page. I'm talking about flat rate. Are you talking about weight based using the matrix?
adventuress

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay guess that was it the shipping matrix

it has 0.00 in every blank...so guess those numbers need all filled out?

Wow think I'll go to one flat rate.

Thanks so much for your help.

Myrna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: