eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Base?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Google Base? Reply with quote

Hi all. I saw the post about shop items being uploaded to Froogle.

Are items also submitted by ECrater to Google Base, or do they go automatically from Froogle to Base?

I had submitted some of my stuff to Base yesterday and had issues with them... the word Guns in a Western title (which they later approved)... still waiting to hear their response for a collectible license plate book -- they don't want to allow the phrase license plate!

Wondering how many people have had items may not make it on Base, due to certain words, also.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... does no one know, or did I ask a silly question? Question
just-for-cats

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't answer your question. But I did want to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your "About" page.
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you -- I keep debating with myself whether to delete part of it... Sometimes too much personal information seems unprofessional. I get too sentimental, sometimes. I keep telling myself to avoid the chat boards when that happens -- Embarassed I have insertfootinmouth disease. Laughing
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI ya'll, the Google Base stats is showing hits/impressions on every item I posted there. I include a link back to the store.

No sales, yet, but traffic is good!
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ABookAbout I noticed on the bottom of your listings you have a line called "Key" and the one book I check had: Key - Childcare, parenting, psychology, behavior modification.

Does this line have anything to do with increasing your web traffic?
At time it has been a bit confusing but bet I could manage a Key line. Wink
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtticTreasures wrote:
Hello ABookAbout I noticed on the bottom of your listings you have a line called "Key" and the one book I check had: Key - Childcare, parenting, psychology, behavior modification.

Does this line have anything to do with increasing your web traffic?

Keywords? That's not a bad way to handle the addition of keywords that may not work well into a text description -- and it makes the description shorter/easier to read for buyers. Hmm..
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you nailed it on the head. Might as well take advantage of "key", also... instead of keywords. I try to keep it relevant. And keep it toward the bottom, so it is out of the way.

On the Google Base, though sometimes redundant, (I have no idea which words someone might put in to search for a book), so put related ideas, misspells, variations, add/delete... GB calls it "labels"

Google Base is showing hits, impressions, clicks. I've checked AltaVista and some of the stuff is starting to pop uo there from Google Base, also.

Anyway, I try to remember to add a link back here on the Google Base listings ... not sure if it matters if I use AbookAbout.Info which forwards them to my shop or the Ecrater one. As long as they come...

Poopsheet - do you have a nickname? That just doesn't sound right to me... I saw some of your stuff somewhere on one of the RSS feeds -- nice! Don't know how you can be so cheap!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABookAbout wrote:
Poopsheet - do you have a nickname? That just doesn't sound right to me...

Haha, well, I've been very surprised that no one here has yet called me just "poop". This is one of only two online forums I belong to where I don't use my real name (but only because I can't). My name is actually Rick.

Quote:
I saw some of your stuff somewhere on one of the RSS feeds -- nice! Don't know how you can be so cheap!

The stuff is cheap? Huh. Now, if my customers would only figure that out and buy more of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: