eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

question about what happens when buy it now is clicked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintage2new

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: question about what happens when buy it now is clicked Reply with quote

Hello, working on setting up new store. im not going to use the matrix, and I like to charge exact shipping by weight and zip. So what I want to do is request potential buyers to email me their zip for quote.
Im accepting paypal or MO. So my question is , if a buyer clicks to buy will they automatically be sent a payment form from paypal? What do they see? Did that makeany sense?? LOL
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.You can test buy an item from your store and stop short of paying for it and you will see what the buyer will see.
Quote:
if a buyer clicks to buy will they automatically be sent a payment form from paypal?

No they don't get a payment form.You can manually send them an invoice from paypal if you want to
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what I want to do is request potential buyers to email me their zip for quote.

Not a good idea.
When the buyer click on buy it now that's what they expect to do.
The order will show ZERO for shipping if you have nothing in there and that is what they will pay for it.

I suggest you put the most the shipping would be and then you can always refund the difference.
SEWnStuff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: How do you test buy?? Reply with quote

How do you test buy from your store to make sure it is working correctly? I just listed my first item and want to make sure it's working properly (with shipping) before I list more. Thanks!
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"buy" an item & just click "money order".... then you can send the order & see it in your email & order area on your admin area.
Then just delete it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: