eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does any one else absolutely fight going to
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Does any one else absolutely fight going to Reply with quote

Does any one else absolutely fight going to bed??
I swear I have been this way my whole life! I get to the point I now I am tired and will fall asleep when my head hits the pillow BUT I still don't want to go.
Once I finally go - don't even attempt to wake me, lol

I am worse then a little kid come bed time - I fight it to the very end.

Good night! lol
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You notice who is responding to you. I stay up so late the cat scolds me. If I get a good nite's sleep that seems to do me for the next 3. But unlike you I often don't sleep after I go to bed. Will read till daylight. I'm getting emails now from friends on the east coast who have just gotten up. So BigTall you are never alone with the midnight oil.
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm just the opposite - I love sleep, just love it. I need about 8 to 10 hours a night. So I'm up at 4:00 a.m. - I prefer the morning hours. I've always been that way - I've often wondered if your sleep habits/patterns have anything to do with the time you were born - I was born at about 4:30 a.m. - . My sister is a night person and she was born at 1:30 a.m. - Confused
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had a problem sleeping. Sometimes it just about gets me down. I can go forever wtihout sleep. Get very tired and worn out but still not sleepy. Only wish I was one of those that could fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleeping is such a waste of time. Just imagine how much more we could accomplish!
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm like that!

i could close my eyes but then i'd be talking on the phone...

so in reality i am not sleeping...

i love being awake! i love to wake up early in the morning!

it is not a drag! i love to see the sun shining! the break of dawn! anything!

but don't get me wrong, i love to sleep.

when i am in deep slumber...i get real upset when anyone wakes me...heheheh...

cuz it is rare....for me to get any sleep.

if a mouse were to tip toe through carpeting, i can wake up!!

that is how much of a light sleeper i am!!
yellowrose

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Does any one else absolutely fight going to Reply with quote

Not me! I have to get my sleep at least 8 hours. I do wake up early though.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate morning.

I used to be like the "normal" people. Went to bed between 11 and midnight and just laid there until 2-3 in the morning before falling asleep and would get up at 7 to rush out the door to get to work on time.

That all changed when I had enough of working for someone else and went to work for me. Then I decided why am I laying in bed wasting so much time NOT sleeping.
So now I go to bed about 4 in the morning unless I pull an all nighter. I like to be a sleep before the rest of the folks here start to wake up (usually about 5 or so).
Even when my eyelids are falling I just don't want to go up 2 flights of stairs to get in bed. LOL, by the time I do that I am awake again, lol.
So waiting until at least 4 am just works for me.
Usually I get up between 10 and noon UNLESS I have something to do in the mornings - which I never plan but others seem to like to plan my mornings for me, lol.
Like Tuesday the repair man is coming between 8 and noon - so that means I got to be up and dressed before he gets here!
The only time I could get in the dentist without waiting 3 weeks is in the morning on Friday.
Normally, I don't do mornings! I don't like mornings! Heck, I don't like daylight too much. I often think I am part vampire!
When I go on a driving trip - I leave home about 6 at night if I am driving east and later if I am driving west - just to avoid as much sun as possible. Love it when I can get where I am going BEFORE the sun comes up!
Gifts-and-Such

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I would be kind of a mix of both. I do hate going to sleep at night and sometimes wish I could just stay up but alas I just cant do it. At the same time and even more so I hate waking up in the morning. I toss and turn all night anyway so its not like I Really sleep at all.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I toss and turn all night anyway so its not like I Really sleep at all.

That's WHY I stopped going to bed.
A waste of time.
You are not getting the rest they claim you need anyways so why not get up and accomplish something?
Gifts-and-Such

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been lately. Posting items on here Smile At least its something productive hehe
PANDPCOINS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: morning person here Reply with quote

i'm up at 3:30 to 4:00 every morning myself . I have almost all of my housekeeping done before anyone else is up , i mean computer housekeeping. that way when the moning does come i can get right to pictures which i prefer to do in natural light.
i would love to stay up late but by 8:00 i am so tired i just turn into a zombie.
polly
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too Panda - I have to be in bed by 8:00 - heaven only knows how I survived my younger years of not getting home until 2:00 a.m. - Twisted Evil
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm retired but have a still fairly normal schedule. I have always been a night owl and stayed up late even when I was working and had to get up at 5:30 am. I can sleep late now so it doesn't really matter how late I go to bed.

Joyce
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I get by with very little sleep, I truly believe it is doing harm. I might not need 8 hours but I need more than the 3 I got last night. Went to bed at 5:30a.m. and still couldn't sleep. Then the phone rang. Important call so I had to take it.

I've always been a night owl but had to get up early for work. When I moved to the west coast my system got totally out of whack. I have been to sleep clinics several times and when I turned out not to have all the things the doctors thought I had they lost interest and prescribed pills. I refused to take them.

Every once in a while I collapse. I don't think an earthquake could wake me then. But next night I am back to my old habits.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: