eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay alternatives: Ecrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: eBay alternatives: Ecrater Reply with quote

eBay alternatives: Ecrater
19 February 2008

Im not entirely sure that Ecrater really qualifies as a true alternative to eBay. It isnt an auction site. What it is, however, is a really great, cheap way to get yourself an online presence. And best of all, its 100% free.

So, what do you get for your $0.00? Just about all you could ask for. You get a full featured web site with a storefront, all the listings you can list, and integration with Google Checkout. Top that off with free, automatic submission to the shopping search site, Froogle and youve got a pretty good deal. If youd like, they do have a pay feature where you can pay for featured positioning on the onsite search.

read the rest of the story here -
http://www.ebayhabit.com/ebay-alternatives-ecrater/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theeclecticcollector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: alternative Reply with quote

I would consider ecrater.com a great alternative to the unmentionable site in so far as store listings and buy it now are concerned. The sites do have that in common except ecrater is free for stores and the unmentionable site is not. Sorry.
birdhouse1575

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont we add auctions? jw
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If e-crater added an auction format, then I am afraid that our fixed price listings would suffer. This is just my opinion, but if you have quality merchandise that is in demand, you do not need to auction it off to the highest bidder, and we certainly do not need the bottom feeders coming here and trying to buy our items for less than they are worth.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater would never add auctions. Talk about a resource drain! New "alternative" auction sites start up and bite the dust all the time.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the huge number of auction sites that have come and gone, prove that it is no longer the favored way for people to shop. I believe auction buying was a combination fad/hobby for a while. But the fad is over and most people go online to look for specific items nowadays, no longer for the thrill of outbidding someone else. They know what they want and don't want to have to wait to see if they 'win' the auction to get it.
I quit looking at the auction listings long ago..I find what I'm looking for, compare prices and company reputation, and then buy and quit worrying about it.
barkrock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasTreasures wrote:
I believe auction buying was a combination fad/hobby for a while. But the fad is over and most people go online to look for specific items nowadays, no longer for the thrill of outbidding someone else.

Yep.

Don't think there's any doubt about it! Even that-which-shall-not-be-named is changing, with the apparent intention of eventually phasing out the auction.

The auction format used to work well when buyers would fight over an item online. The glut of sellers, merchandise, and fraud on-line has put an end to those days forever!

It's better now to be identified as a reliable, reputable seller allied with an easy-to-use on-line identity. e.g. ecrater!
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank my lucky stars that there are not auctions here. I still deal with "The Evil One" on a limited basis. Since they lowered auction insertion fees,(and tacked the cost on the back end of the sale), there are so many auctions that 86% of my auction listings lose $$$.
The only unfortunate thing for me, selling in the Beauty category here, is that a buyer "surfing" that Category at Ecrater, (rather than coming directly to my store), is going to bounce before they ever see my great prices, as there seems to be an absurd number of over-priced cosmetics listings.
I decided to try shopping Ecrater for my own personal makeup items and I could only find one seller offering any bargains.
Just another reminder for me to actively work to bring buyers directly to ME!
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree! I've tried shopping ecrater in general a time or two and for the most part it's just too frustrating. Now I mostly just buy from people who's stores I've bookmarked that have things that I think I may want at some point.
bonkersbeautybuys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there I went, talking out of turn again. I haven't tried shopping Ecrater stores for awhile, because it was disappointing before. I gave it another try and I found one store I really like, and one that had a few awesome deals among alot of overpriced GWP Makeup Items.
As I am committed to giving less money to the "E-Monster" Evil or Very Mad I guess I'll continue to look around here.
wldpapmny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: slightly complicated Reply with quote

and really Needs more user-friendly navigation.
Sorely lacking Links to navigate to and fro and sideways Laughing
Needs HTML... without HTML it appears dull, although all sellers have no advantage over another via description/s layout, without HTML.
HTML.. the negative of it are the thousands of feebay sellers who use HUge colored fonts.. so to appear they know whats up, duh.
We are in an 50-50 online world and not the usual misleading statements from 12 Years ago that basically most users are honest, nope.
Feedback system and systems are just 1 of the 10 reasons that public participating online sites are... careful as you go.
ecraters setup that buyers can not recieve feedback is good, it should also eliminate seller feedback.
Feedback is useless, and buyers if dumb.. should read and learn before stepping forward and buying. Site owners should be able to read 'tween the lines of offerings, and just pull them with no warning.
I would estimate that only 2 out of 10 people really know what they need to know about particular collectibles, be it buyer or seller.
There should be no place on public buying-selling sites for Mis-statements, mis-truths, and plain lying about a offering. Ohhhhhh and the Hype is mostly awful in offerings. Greed, duh.
theswordguys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love the addition of HTML. Being a graphic designer part time I do like to play around with stuff like that and would like to be able to include some sort of links page too.

As far as feedback being useless though I think it is far from, and should have a slightly easier way to leave it. Comments from past sales greatly help future sales decide a person is in fact a safe risk for their money. Anyone who actually cares about making money should recognize that you want you customers feeling as safe with you as possible, as the formula is simple customer + safe = more likely to give you money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: