eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is there a limit to how many stores you can open on Ecrater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Is there a limit to how many stores you can open on Ecrater? Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a limit to the number of stores that someone can open on ECrater? I have one store already where I sell nothing but books, but I would like to open a second store and sell a variety of items. Since my bookstore is set up with the shipping matrix to calculate Media mail rates, it is nearly impossible to use the same shipping rates for items sent 1st Class or Priority. Thanks for all your help. jane at Casin-Pointe
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only requirement is that each store has a different email address.

Personally, I have 5 active ecrater.com stores.
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Big, why is that a requirement? I have two emails listed on my one store, and another that I'm not using right now, should I just remove one from my active store to use it, or use the inactive email for the new store? Thanks, jane
Kidzstuff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: I would also like to open another store but am confused about the email address thing. The email address is linked to paypal & now google checkout, it is a business. How do I get around that? Confused
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 eCrater stores (one I just opened and nothing is in it yet). I have two different email addresses but I have the orders sent to my main email address for both stores which is entered in my "edit account information". I use the same Paypal email address for both stores which is entered in my "payment methods". In Paypal I have just my real name for what shows up on the buyer's credit card statement.

I hope this is correct - I haven't found out yet because I have only sold 1 book so far.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you can use the same PayPal account for all stores but each store has to have its own unique e-mail address (I don't know but I'm sure there's a good reason).

I'm not sure about how Google works though.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDBooks - That works! I just went to "edit account information" and changed my second store to my main email address. Thank you!! Just using one email address will be so much easier!
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The registration email addy for each store is suppose to be different. The orders can be sent to the same email and the PayPal email can be the same.

If you have two store with one registration email you might want to use the contact us form and make sure that is ok.

I say this because the system will not allow you to register a second store - when you first register - using an email address already used , so either there is a glitch in the system or something isn't working with the other thing.

SO before problems are caused I reccommend you make sure it is ok.
KDBOOKS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, then what I am doing is okay. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: