eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Where is everyone from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
captkirk42

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live in Silver Spring, Maryland a Suburb of Washington DC. Technically I'm in Wheaton (a part of Silver Spring) and according to the Telephone company we are in Kensington, but the street address and Zip is listed as being Silver Spring.

Oh by the way in MD the Silver Spring is just one. NOT plural Springs as many people often mistakenly say or write, even people who have lived there most or all of their lives. ACK! If you want Silver Springs, I think Florida has a city of that name.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
livingoffthegrid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fullerbrush wrote:
Hello, livingoffthegrid. I lived most of my life in Northern Virginia (Falls Church, Alexandria, Arlington, Springfield, and 20 yrs. in Fairfax). Moved to the Daytona Beach area 3 years ago. Still miss beautiful VA. Our son lived in southern Sweden (Varberg) for about 6 years. Where did you live in Sweden?

Hey Fuller.Went to school a bit further north but i lived--> and the other half of my family is in Malmo.That area is incredible you can inland fish for oring(brown trout) and in an hour on pagatag you can be on the coast fishing for lax oring(silver salmon) the size of your leg.One of the best managed fisheries in the world is in the waters surrounding/in sweden.
Where were you in Alex.?
tchsilver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern New Jersey here... about 25 miles from Atlantic City and the beaches.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchsilver wrote:
Southern New Jersey here... about 25 miles from Atlantic City and the beaches.

Hubby grew up on Long Beach Island and still has family in Beach Haven.
LoloAndBebe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone~ I am from Singapore but relocated to Seoul, went crazy over shopping in Seoul and now have to sell my extra stuff! LOL! Very Happy
fullerbrush

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livingoffthegrid--Our first apartment when we got married in 1970 was in Alexandria. Darn if I can remember the name of the complex. It was near 236 and Beauregard Street (Lincolnia area). I think it's condos now. We visited the area last September and drove by all of our old homes. The place is even more croweded than I remembered. Glad to have left the traffic hassles. We went to Malmo, too--took the ferry from Copenhagen. It was a lovely visit. I especially loved our side-trip to Bergen, Norway. Now that was some beautiful scenery. I think there was another seller on ecrater that was planning a visit to Bergen a few months ago. Wonder how it turned out.
1733Shoppe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!
Wow so many different places!! Isn't it fun! I thinkif I read correctly I'm only the 2nd Nebraskan to post in this thread. We live in the center of the state. Actually not a bad day here today! We'll take every nice day we can get!!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Gotta love ecrater!!!

Sandy
[url]1733shoppe.ecrater.com[/url]
[url]1733denimshoppe.ecrater.com[/url]
[url]1733bordershoppe.ecrater.com[/url]
livingoffthegrid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool.Yeah B.regard is over 395 from here but yeah there is always something new here.TC Williams,the school in the movie-Remember the Titans- just got a massive fund endowment and has expanded onto all of the old Chinqapin fields and has new buildings bigger than the old school itself.
LittleShopofHandbags

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Everyone:

I am a born and raised New Yorker! I live in Middle Village Queens and live a block away from a wonder park named Junniper Valley Park. The area is well known for it's (of all things) cemeteries. The one closest to me is noted for having a lot of mob families RIP there... John Gotti is buried there. It's one of the nicer areas (I think) very quite and well kept.

The area is going through a major transformation. When the area was first developed small affordable houses were built for the service men and their families to move into and establish roots. (Rumor has it that the reason for such little crime was because it was protected by the mob. Cool ) Well those homes are being torn down and these huge elaborate styled homes and condos are being built. With no exaggeration construction is going on on every other block. The house behind the one I live in was torn down and rebuilt and there is a condo unit being finished across the street from me 4 doors down. I moved in this area 3 years ago and it has been never ending changes. In the morning I'll pass a house on the way to the subway and then that evening coming home it will be surrounded by plywood fencing. You would think that there is a lot of noise and heavy traffic with trucks, but you really don't notice it. It seems the construction workers make sure there isn't much of an inconvenience to the neighbors around them.

I really like living here the people are really great, but the rent in this area is just crazy! Hey, but the rent is crazy everywhere in NY.
atticloftcreations

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read allthe posts but is any one from Kentucky,USA? I live smack in the middle of it. just south of Lexington. I haven't spent too much time on the frums but hope to have the time to participate more often. It just boggles my mind that you can get on here and talk to somany different people from so many different countries. Wow the diversity. I am origanally from northern Ohio, moved to flaorida and then my job took me here in Ky. Love it, but miss the florida weather!
fashionyourhome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the wonderful metropolis of Atoka, TN

Fashion Your Home
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born and raised in Iowa and still miss the change of seasons -- especially autumn and rain, thunder and lightening storms! Smile

I have lived in Southern California for over 40 years with most of that time in Manhattan Bach. Retired and now living in Canyon Lake where temperatures climb into the 100s during the hot months of summer. So I am wishing for a long spring with temps in the 70s and 80s. Wink

joyce

http://YourRainyDayBookStore.ecrater.com

http://AtticTreasures.ecrater.com
2countrybeardesigners

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: NY STATE Reply with quote

i live in ny state up state that is near the mas and vermont state line i know this is so neat and i love meeting people hi all from snowy new torkmichelle
2countrybeardesigners

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: NY STATE Reply with quote

i live in ny state up state that is near the mas and vermont state line i know this is so neat and i love meeting people hi all from snowy new torkmichelle
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am a born and raised New Yorker! I live in Middle Village Queens

My Aunt lives in Middle Village on 70th Street
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: