eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sports card guy thinking of moving here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Sports card guy thinking of moving here Reply with quote

I've researched the sight and I don't see much selling, as in sportscards. Are there any card guys out there that can give some advice. Sold on ePay for 6 years and it's getting a little riduculous. I've had over 1,000 cards on Feebay until I slowly took them off the shelves and I want to come here. I just don't want to do all that inputting for a couple of sales per week. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've researched the sight and I don't see much selling

Please explain how you did this. I would love to know.

Quote:
I just don't want to do all that inputting for a couple of sales per week.

You will get out of it what you put into it. It's your store. YOU do the advertising. YOU bring in your business. eCrater.com provides you with the free space, free shopping cart and uploads it to froogle for you. The rest is up to you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went to eCrater.com, hit on the sports memorabilia link and looked at what everyone was selling. And noticed there wasn't much feedback on anyone's feedback score.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YabaySportscards wrote:

Well, I went to eCrater.com, hit on the sports memorabilia link and looked at what everyone was selling. And noticed there wasn't much feedback on anyone's feedback score.

Thought that might have been what you did. That feedback paints a very misleading picture.
First the payment must be made using immediate PayPal payment to qualify to leave feedback. So items paid any other way can not leave feedback.
Second - at least with my stuff - about 30% of my sales start with a buyer coming to my ecrater.com store BUT they ask me a question and I just invoice them directly via PayPal so the sale never goes through eCrater.com.

Based on my limited knowledge in August there were about 2200 orders placed on this site. And I see it grow monthly.

I can absolutely guarantee that I have has more sales then the 57 in the past year shown on my feedback.
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your help and I think I'm going to start uploading the cards tomorrow. I use photobucket for my PICs, I hope that it's compatable here. I guess I'll see tomorrow. Take care and thanks
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way. Are they working on getting a better feedback system? That's probally the only thing that I'm going to miss on eBay. I had a 100% feedback score and I know it really helped me with my sales. C YA, Len
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I use photobucket for my PICs, I hope that it's compatable here

ecrater.com host your images for free
You upload them to ecrater.com when creating the ad.

The only time they need to be hosted somewhere is when you use the bulk lister (100+ items or more) but once the bulk lister is uploaded to your ecrater.com store then you can delete them from where they are hosted.

Quote:
Are they working on getting a better feedback system?

WHY? does WalMart allow buyers to leave feedback? Does JC Penny's? Most websites stores don't have a feedback system. Personally, I perferred it befor ecrater.com had a feedback system.
eBay's feedback system is worthless too. You want feedback on ebay or need to hide a neg (get it to the next page) just go buy yoursefl some feedback - any penny to a dollar item with no shipping - presto you got a ton of feedback instantly. Remember the days when you didn't even have to make a purchase from the seller to leave feedback for them - lol. Yeah, I got ebay feedback - about 6400 countable feedback with a 99.8% rating and All positive feedback received: 9826
And that's just on one of my ebay accounts.
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also post a link to you ebay feedback on your ecrater store(maybe in the about section or your FAQ section).The link won't be clickable but anyone who wants to check it out will be able too.
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: THANKS! Reply with quote

Thanks for your help gonna be busy this weekend. Take care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: