eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

CameoKids - you asked - so here it is, lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: CameoKids - you asked - so here it is, lol Reply with quote

CameoKids wrote:
Hello! Smile We're new here at eCrater and hope we have made a good choice in starting here while our websites are being built. One for our children's items, and one for our antiques, vintage, handmade gift items, and refurbished gems. We are, mom the older one & main chief Debi, daughter is Heidi, and daughter in-law is Jennifer. I already work at home, and we're working on bringing home the girls. With five children between the two girls, and jobs, we want a better way and life for all our families. So we're working hard to make it possible, especially for the benefit of our little ones. Being to busy surviving we never had time to do the things we enjoy and one day decided we could make a living doing what we enjoy, instead of punching some elses time clock and making them large amounts of money while we got pennies, got no where, kids weren't happy, and our familes were falling apart! So that's our new direction and with the help of God I know we can do it. We also get to spend much more time together as a family, a luxury that is dimishing in todays world. We all live in Florida, Lakeland and Brandon, Brandon is really part of Tampa.

I spent last evening reading all the posts in here and seems that there is quite a family here too. Some of you seem very kind and helpful to others in guiding them to success with much information. That's really nice to see. If any of you who do this kind of thing would be willing to look at our eCrater store, especially in the areas of About Us, FAQ, and Contact Us pages and our store set up, to give us good or bad feedback, we would appreciate it. We just want to make sure we haven't missed any important information we should be giving, and that what we do have makes sense. Thanks to anyone who might do this in advance. We are just wanting to not make to many mistakes or get burned, because we didn't know better.

Anyway it's nice to be here, and look forward to meeting ya all. I wish success to all for your dreams to be real, your lives to be changed for all that is good, and hope we all climb the mountain to the top! See ya there!

To those of you closer to there than I ....... You Go!!!!!!
http://cameokids.ecrater.com

Your logo is extremely hard to read due to the fancy writting.

Welcome statement is very good!

ABOUT US page is a little more then most care to know BUT is nicely put together. You might think about changing the put down to day care centers and many of your shoppers might find it a bit harsh as they realize they are dropping their kid off so they can work to have money to spend in your store.

TERMS - how can you not have any terms? When is payment due? Returns? etc.

FAQ -
ORDER PROCESSING
"Q: What should I expect once I place an online order? A: Once you submit your order, we will e-mail you confirming that we have received your order. We will e-mail you a second time notifying you that your order has been shipped. "
hhhmmmm You skipped the part that they need to pay you! lol

CUSTOM ORDERS
"Q: (What are custom orders and what do I do to place one? "
You have a ( in there that you don't want.

Your ads look excellent!

Did you realize you have Cash on delivery as a payment type you will accept? Shipping COD is expense - you might want to re-think that option.

OK - I have a question - due to my lack of knowledge, lol. But if I don't ask I won't ever learn, right
If something is VINTAGE how can it be brand new?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage with tags-never worn. Still not brand new I guess. Laughing
CameoKids

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Regarding: Cameo Kids - You asked for it so here it is! lol Reply with quote

Hello,

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your critiquing our site. Thank you for taking the time to do that, we really really appreciate it. I'm also sorry about hi-jacking that other post. I wasn't sure how this all worked and after I submitted that I realized that wasn't how I should have done that. duh! I'm catching on though, I think Smile I did appreciate your suggestions and your questions. I have taken care of most of the items you mentioned except for the logo, will get to that. As far as your question, due to your lack of knowledge lol, that was a good one! I have pondered over that one myself when I was listing. Most of my vintage cases are vintage and were never used. They were given as gifts or some of the ladies that made them, had just put them away and never used them either. They just loved embroidering them, a hobby. So even though they are very old, they are new, just have been stored away for years. Now a small few that I have were used maybe once or twice. Those are like in new condition. Now I have made them all into dresses which are all new, because they have never been worn, sorta like recycling I guess. Maybe hehe. So I didn't know how to approach that. I went back and forth on it and finally decided, heck with it their new! I wish you had the option to not say if it's new or used. Refurbished might work. The one thing I can say is that they all look brand new in excellent condition and they are old which makes them vintage. So thats where I'm at with it right at the moment. I don't know if its right or wrong, but I didn't purchase them cheap and I don't want to sell them cheap. I spent time making them, which I know you can't charge and arm and a leg for, and bought materials to make them into the dresses too, and pantaloons if they go with the dress. So I need to make something for my cost and I'm not doing this for nothing, need to make a little bit. I do it because I love it, and get great pleasure with how they turn out, and just hope someone will love it as much as I do, I kinda get attached to the little buggers, and hope they'll treat it as an heirloom to pass on down through the generations. It gives it them even more history and they'll have a story to tell with it in each generation that finds it. A few of my cases a lady made 85 years ago for her daughter when she married. The daughter never used them. What a dummy! They were gorgeous. I feel if you put used on an item, you can't sell it for whats it's really worth. I don't know maybe my thinking is messed up to boot! Smile Maybe I should put an explaination in the Q&A on it. Ya think? Anyway it's an antique. And most are really new! And their of excellent quality. And most are one of a kind.

I'm still confused on what to do Sad Anyway thank you for your help. Now I just need to promote some more and get out on the search engines, make some more sales and I'll be happy. So far the ones I have sold before the website, everyone has been real pleased with them. That counts for something. Ok I'm gonna go now, am exhausted. It's 5:27AM and I want to finish some more projects tomorrow, so I need to sleeeeeep. Goodnight and good selling to ya! Smile Any other suggestions feel free to hit me with them! Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CameoKids - your explaination is great.

LOL, it's me I just think it's funny - it's old and new at the same time. lol

I would be like you and call them NEW if the pillowcase is crisp and never used. Don't let that bother you!

As for the search engines ---- DO IT NOW! lol, they can take 2 weeks to 2 months to actually find you!

I am sure their are many directories for hand made items that you can advertise or have links in also. YOU just got to find them. Join a TWINS group and other infant groups on the net.

Best of luck to ya!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cases aren't used if they've never been used. So don't put used. Explain in your description that the item is old but in mint, like new condition, because it was never used. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: