eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Should I sell overseas?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Should I sell overseas? Reply with quote

I recently bought a cell phone item that was shipped from Hong Kong. Wondering maybe we/I should cast our nets wider and ship to Canada and Europe?
What do you think? Paypal is universal now.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always shipped overseas. No problems except it is difficult for international buyers to check out. I can't use the matrix or USPS calculator.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have shipped everywhere for many years.... 1 item did not make it. Otherwise never had a problem.
I use flat rate mostly & I just invoice them thru paypal.
I use paypal or Endicia for shipping labels.
With the economy in the US in the toilet.... take advantage of overseas cash Very Happy
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a word of warning. If you go ahead now and add other countries to your preferences, shipping will come up on every item as FREE for those countries! You will have to manually change EVERY item in your store.

I found this out the hard way, but fortunately it was something that I just sent in a $3 packet to the UK.

I went in and took all international shipping out of my preferences. For items that usually have international interest, I just state to contact me for the shipping charge and I do it manually. If they are interested, I invoice them through Paypal and put a manual hold on the item. So far it's been working. I haven't had time to readjust all my store items to include international rates, but hopefully will in the future.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babesintoyland you can use USPS calculated shipping (the new shipping calculator feature), see: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=13030
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not based in the US but do sell to the United States.

Buyers fro the US make up almost half of my sales. I can never understand those who only sell to thier own country.

It would be like saying I will only sell in Texas and not to the other states.

Why rules ot the rest of the world which gives you a postentail customer base 50 times that which you try to sell to at the moment.

I can think of no other reason than sellers will just not put the time in to work out a way to calculate the shipping. If that is your reason for restricting you sales by more than half I have no understanding of you.

As for the reliability of Postal Services. The US Postal service is far from the top, sad to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: