eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Coupons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Google Coupons Reply with quote

I haven't seen a discussion about this, but perhaps it is buried. Is everybody aware that you can set up coupon codes with Google checkout to offer discounts within several formats? This looks like a great thing to me as it will help get customers using the cheaper checkout and perhaps bring customers into our stores.

I have just set up my coupons and intend to offer a discount to my ebay customers (coupon in their package) inviting them to my ecrater store.

Has anyone used these? Any problems? I have longed to be able to give a discount to returning customers but had my hands tied.

Gail
http://MoonwishesStore.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is everybody aware that you can set up coupon codes with Google checkout to offer discounts within several formats?

Not sure what you mean by offer discounts within several formats

I been offering GC coupons since GC started. Out of thousands that I have sent out and posted it's been used about 6 times.
I am a beleiver in the therory that online store shoppers are not looking for bargains but for specific items.
eBAY shoppers are not considered online store shoppers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, thanks for the info about the use of coupons. My mention of several formats was that you can choose to offer coupons to new customers only, returning customers, etc. with different codes to keep track of what coupons were most effective.

I want to use the coupons now to give my ebay store buyers an incentive to come to my ecrater store to buy and get use to my new place. I know I as an online buyer like to have a coupon if one is available. But then many of my customers don't seem concerned about cost at all and have at times bought up to 10 patterns at once paying full shipping and handling on all of them even if my listing tells them to wait for an invoice that combines the shipping and handling.

I'm not sure why you don't consider ebay buyers not to be on line store shoppers. Since I rarely run auctions or anything on the main ebay site and basically only sell from my ebay store, my store there is our bread and butter. I think that is a misconception that ebay buyers don't use stores. Two years ago when stores were put in search I sold more that month than ever before or since. Ebay buyers would buy from stores if they could find them and the search configurations would help lead them there. Ebay doesn't want store sellers I think is more accurate to say which is why I'm moving. But that has nothing to do coupons or with ecrater nor do I want a fight. Buyers, all of them, just want to find what they are looking for easily and be able to easily buy them item and have it delivered promptly with no problems.

Gail
http://MoonwishesStore.ecrater.com
zickit

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure why you don't consider ebay buyers not to be on line store shoppers.

Stufies show they are Bargain hunters not real shoppers.

Quote:
Buyers, all of them, just want to find what they are looking for easily and be able to easily buy them item and have it delivered promptly with no problems.

AMEN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: