eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NEED A WEBSITE CRITIQUE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yabaysportscards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: NEED A WEBSITE CRITIQUE Reply with quote

Hi, I'm finally starting to get away from FEEBAY and I'm starting to upload my cards and other collectibles. I need some help before I go any further. As in shipping, I want to combine shipping for multi-purchases. I used to put on my other auctions on ePay, buy upto 10 cards for the same shipping price.........something like that. Would that work here? Please be brutal, I want this to work out here. I appreciate your help in advance and take care, Yabay. Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 suggestions after my fast look -

#1 --- Don't use all caps on the terms page - they give me a headache and I won't bother to try to read it. Same with your descriptions.

#2 -- Put in some FAQ -- possible talk about grading of cards, shipping, payment, etc.

I read an interesting article just the other day regarding why you should use small print on your website --- it makes readers focus on what they are reading instead of just skimmy it. But the small print with the typing in caps is a no no.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kcskorner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I would do in concentrate on changing your logo to better fit your color scheme. To me, the color screams at me. I'm one of those that likes everything coordinated.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: NEED A WEBSITE CRITIQUE Reply with quote

YabaySportscards wrote:
As in shipping, I want to combine shipping for multi-purchases. I used to put on my other auctions on ePay, buy upto 10 cards for the same shipping price.........something like that. Would that work here?

You can do this by setting up your shipping using the shipping matrix (weight-based). There's a good thread around here somewhere, too, that explains how to manipulate the shipping matrix to work well with really light items.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: