eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

paypal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktshappystore

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: paypal Reply with quote

i know a lot of people pay by paypal which i do accept but i would like to know what is the difference type of paypal payments. i have seen some where people will pay with credit cards or bank cards. or cash .. what is the difference and how can you tell which they used ? If they paid with cc how long will it take for it to reach my acct ? i just want to know if accepting paypal payments are going to be good or bad for me
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When paypal notifies you that you have received payment for a purchase the money is in your paypal account.

The only type of payment that slows down the money is an e-check. If the buyer chooses e-check, PP will notify you that the payment has been made with an e-check and will tell you not to mail the item until the check has cleared. That is usually 4-5 days. When you check your PP account it will show cleared when the money is safely in your account.

I used to get a lot of e-checks but haven't had one in a very long time. I think it was more that people didn't trust PP perhaps and now realize that it is safe or they'd rather not wait to get their purchase.

It is always good to check your account to make sure there is no error and to see if PP agrees with the information sent to you.
pipes

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are different rates for different types of payments.

Money already in a PP account thats used to make a payment and e-checks are charged less than a Credit Card payment because they pay visa/mc/amex/disc for the processing.

Exactly how much you pay depends on the volume of money you process and user level, i.e., individual, business, bigger business, etc.

You should review PPs fee chart for your level.

Pipes
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are a good honest seller, it is in your best interests to accept PP and/or Google payments. People want to take care of it now and the likelihood of people not sending checks and money orders is much greater than instant payments.

It takes time to go to the post office, stand in line and buy MOs, and if you are selling really inexpensive items, people really don't want to add the extra costs of the MO and stamps. Not to mention the week for the mail to get to you and then the time for it to clear.

Online selling and shopping is all about convenience. If you are worried about the commissions PP and GC take, consider it part of the cost of business. You build the commission into the cost of the item.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said this before & will say it again.... if you don't accept CC payments, whether thru paypal or google....
you might as well just put on your front page... "WE DON'T WANT YOUR BUSINESS"

all cc, paypal or google fees are a cost of doing business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: