eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Getting Very Discouraged
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teekerseekers2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Getting Very Discouraged Reply with quote

Starting to feel this is not working out. I have been here nearly 2 months, stocked my store, placed my terms of sale. Promoted the heck out of the site, and nothing.
I have soo much more to list, but I am staring to think it will be a waste of time.
Everything is priced right, pictures are clear and numerous. I just don't know what else to do.
Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have gorgeous items and a great home page. I hope you don't leave. I live north of the border but from everything I hear on the news, times are tough in the US economy and with prices of necessities rising so rapidly, the kinds of items you sell get put on the back burner. I sold a small figurine a couple of weeks ago and almost fainted. It was the first breakable item I'd sold in at least 6 months.

I do have one suggestion. Your spoons or silverware don't show well in the thumbnails because the bowl and end of the stem are cut off. The pictures are great once someone clicks on but as they are now, there is no incentive to click on the item. Same with the Waterford candlestick. It might be as easily solvable as changing the default pic to one that shows a detail instead of one that shows the whole item but gets cut off in the thumbnail.
teekerseekers2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the input Reply with quote

Very nice of you to take a look at the site. I appreciate your input on the pics. I did realize after the fact that the thumbnails were a little off. I will when I get the time zoom in on the details of the pieces. Have a great evening.
makusan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give yourself more time teekers!
You can never market enough. Place your site in pple's blogs, forum..etc
search for Antiques, collectibles forum and join in..promote

You mentioned you had so much more to list...then you should list more..
I've like to browse hundreds if not, thousands of items you have as compare to 30 items. I like variety and choices.. I like more descriptive words...as tantalizing as possible to lure me. It doesn't matter we are rational or not, I like the same $1500 bag Jessica Alba is carrying. If only you can do a clever job to brainwash me.....
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Nice Store Reply with quote

Nice store.

If you have more items to list, do list them. Everyone is looking for somethings and the one thing you have still to list might just be the thing the next person to your store is interested in. You never know.

Keep up the promotion of your store everywhere you can. It takes time and only those who keep at it thorugh the bad times make good in the end.

Good Luck.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes TIME.
Search engines can take 4-8 weeks after you submit them to find your store.

Go to the search engines you have submitted to and put in a few of your product keywords and see where or if you are coming.
You might need to tweek your meta tags and such.

Online stores are not a list and they will buy type of place.
It's daily attention, tweeking, promoting, etc.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie is right, you have beautiful things! Keep plugging away, I know it can be depressing, but don't give up. Money is just tight for everyone right now.
HobbsHollow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't give up your store . It is lovely .
It takes time , but I think after heating season people will start buying again .
Try using this site , if you haven't already .
http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html
It helped me a great deal with my tags .

Shelley
nicki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a few months of plugging my store and finally the right person came around, and then another, and then another. I started getting customers just when I almost gave up. Keep the faith it will pay off in the end.
ceramicjewelry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say because my store doesn't work well too. Maybe frustrated, but the sun still rises next morning and shines brightly.
Good luck to you.
retrojunkie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend, you've got a great big empty in there. I didn't actually count, but I think you've got fewer than a hundred items listed. If you had a commission space with only a hundred items, the owners would be after you to get more stuff in there. I've got a little over 500, not nearly as nice as yours, but I still make a few sales because I've got a little bit of a selection.

You should think of this as a new business, which it is. You should be willing to commit years, not months, to bring this thing up to where it'll do well. Especially right now, when people are hanging onto their money due to recession fears. Which is kind of like being afraid that the dog that already has its teeth in your butt might bite you. But I digress (as usual).

You have a good eye for marketable items, and they're certainly of far higher quality than mine. Also, your store is neater and more attractively laid out. Now all you have to do is fill it up.
desertgraceboutiqueplus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there, you have lovely stuff. I have listed a few items that sold right away. The customers said "I have been looking everywhere for that". So you never know. It just takes time and patience! Good Luck! You will have sales.
teekerseekers2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks For The PEP TALK!! Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for all the great advise and the pep talk on tring to keep up the site. I will list some more items, plug along a little more and keep my fingers crossed.
All the best to all of you. Thanks! Laughing
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, teekerseekers2! I took a peek at your store, and you have very nice items. I am especially interested in the sterling flatware pieces.

I was looking at your "Victorian 1900's Sterling Silver Pickle Fork". You might want to add another photo or two, maybe showing the handles up close, front and back, so that people can clearly see the entire pattern.

I am not sure of the mark either, but is it a lion, anchor, and another figure that might be a stylized "G"? It might be by Gorham, and the pattern looks a lot like the "Colonial" pattern that was first produced in 1885. If you have a lot of sterling flatware, I highly recommend a reference book, Sterling Flatware, An Identification and Value Guide", by Tere Hagan. This Colonial pattern is on page 38 of the Hagan book. I have an old 1999 version, and my book is very well worn and tattered, but I usually find my pattern in there.

You might look this Colonial pattern up online, maybe somewhere that would show photographs of pieces for you to compare to. There is a "Sterling Gorham Colonial Large Cold Meat Fork" (Item number: 4420407824) on another venue that shows a good photo, for you to look at, if you want to compare your pattern.

Another good reference book that I use is "An Identification & Value Guide, 1830's to 1990's, American Sterling Silver Flatware", by Maryanne Dolan. My book has a 1993 copyright date. I have found that if you can identify the pattern on silver flatware, it will sell much better. This will allow you to put the pattern name in the title, which helps with search engines.

I will check back on your store when you have more items listed.

Good Luck, and don't give up!

VintageMoonbeams
normasbathandbody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

teekers, If I may suggest that you get yourself a really nice camera, great photos are everything!

much success:)
~Norma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: