eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Still no sales - am I doing something wrong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shelleyhzentner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Still no sales - am I doing something wrong? Reply with quote

I'm an Ebay 'refugee', and joined eCrater hoping to sell some little paintings...after a month, still nothing! they're so cheap I'm embaressed! I'm advertising through Adwords ad write a blog, and have a website - what am I doing wrong? Any ideas? Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
BookwormBargains

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have to say your paintings are beautiful! Your very talented!!!

I would suggest to add more description in your titles. Instead of just "Afternoon Sun" or "Pitcher & Peaches" add the word "paintings" in them with other important keywords. That way when someone searches for "paintings" the search engines will pick up your listings. Add other important keywords in your titles that people are likely to search.

Also, I've learned from reading the forums that "&" should be avoided in the titles because it changes your words in the titles when search engines scan it. Use "and" instead.

Be patience, if you add the right keywords to your titles to draw customers into your store, I'm sure you will eventually start to sell when they see how beautiful your paintngs are!!

Good Luck!

Very Happy
noadi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you really need to flesh out your titles and description. You have 100 characters for your title so I'd put something like:

"Pitcher & Peaches 4"x6" oil canvas panel. Signed original."

In your description I'd repeat the dimensions and medium and then tell something about the painting, like when and where you painted it, why you picked the subject, etc.
shelleyhzentner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thanks for the advice guys, I hadn't thought of beefing up the titles like that! will try that now Wink
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your titles are your biggest problem. Since you are a recognized artist I'd start all my titles with
Shelley Hocknell signed original oil painting Peaches and Cream sold by artist

Currently there is nothing in your titles to bring up your paintings for someone searching for art. Your landscapes titles sound more like postcard listings.

I would expand on the description of the painting and use a copy and paste of a brief bio in each listing. Many buyers never see your about and terms page.

Given a chance your paintings will sell.
bellavistaboutique

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say WOW, you're site is very professionally and tastefully done! Please don't be discouraged, your product is exceptional!
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use Analytics.... I look at the keywords the people are finding me with & use them in all my titles & then again as the first line in my description.
Your work is REALLY nice!!! Just hang in there....
Also, if you haven't done this yet, find artwork forums & make sure you link to your site there too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: