eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

IMPORTANT ADMIN: Shipping Address not showing up in PayPal!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LDGifts

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT ADMIN: Shipping Address not showing up in PayPal! Reply with quote

This could be disastrous, as PayPal will only protect us from the purchase if there is a confirmed address. This is $225 I now have to be worried about! The phone number came through...I had no idea where it was purchased, so I asked the woman while on the phone with her. I don't check on my ecrater email all of the time, because I don't have many sales here...but, the email that ecrater sent DID include the address.

Thanks!
LDGifts
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The address is on the order which you get from noreply @ ecrater.com - make sure your email service is not trashing them or putting them as spam.

PayPal so called seller protection for a webstore is not like selling on ebay.
LDGifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand that the address is on the message sent by eCrater...that still does not protect me in PayPal. I have been using PayPal for my online store for a few years now...and yes, you are protected the same. As long as the address used matches the credit card statement address. This is an issue that needs to be fixed. Also, I didn't know where the order came from. I sell on many venues.

Thanks!
LDGifts
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be an issue. Dimitri, what's your take on this?
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER uses Paypal only to process the payment. The shipping information is not being sent to Paypal.

Verification if the billing address is equal to the shipping address is not possible at this time.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek...sounds risky. Sad What can we do to make sure it's a reasonably secure transaction? Confused
shopgirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an order a couple of days ago and encountered the same problem. In the "notification of payment received" email from Paypal, as well as on the transactions detail page when I log onto the site, it only shows the buyer's name but no shipping address. Luckily, the buyer's address was in my eCrater email. Nonetheless, I'm still not covered under the Paypal SPP b/c there was no confirmed address, or any address at all, that I should ship to. I tried emailing Paypal, but naturally I was given a "copy and paste" response that didn't even answer my question to them. This problem has not happened to me before, but it should really be looked into and fixed as soon as possible.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing to be fixed here because ecrater uses Paypal only to process the transaction.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What can we do to make sure it's a reasonably secure transaction?
shopgirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've finally figured out the problem. It's probably on the buyer's end. They're not entering in a shipping address. D'oh! I went through a psuedo checkout via Paypal shopping cart on another website (not any on ecrater) and discovered that you can mark off "no shipping address required" while you are making payment. Another thing I discovered is that you can prevent buyers from checking this off. Log into Paypal and go under "profile", then "payment receiving preferences". The first option is to block payments from US buyers who don't provide a confirmed address. Just click yes and you're done. Hopefully, this solves the problem. Smile
faeriedreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopgirl wrote:
I think I've finally figured out the problem. It's probably on the buyer's end. They're not entering in a shipping address. D'oh! I Log into Paypal and go under "profile", then "payment receiving preferences". The first option is to block payments from US buyers who don't provide a confirmed address. Just click yes and you're done. Hopefully, this solves the problem. Smile

Thank You Shopgirl. Smile

I was wondering if by checking this optioin will we be blocking new PayPal customer, since they won't have confirmed addresses?
shopgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a Paypal payment from an unregistered sender. They were still able to send me money even though they were not registered on Paypal. The address associated with the payment was confirmed, too. I guess for non-Paypal members who purchase items, Paypal must check their shipping address against the credit card they use. That means you will still be able to accept new customers even by checking this option. Very Happy
faeriedreams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopgirl wrote:
I recently got a Paypal payment from an unregistered sender. They were still able to send me money even though they were not registered on Paypal. The address associated with the payment was confirmed, too. I guess for non-Paypal members who purchase items, Paypal must check their shipping address against the credit card they use. That means you will still be able to accept new customers even by checking this option. Very Happy

Thanks for the update. Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the current thinking on this?

I have an order coming in for several hundred dollars and it occurs to me that being protected by PayPal's SPP would be a good thing.

Why would there be no address associated with the buyer? It doesn't even have to be the address they used in the eCrater checkout. In fact, PayPal addresses don't always match eBay account info -- it all depends on if the buyer has kept their info up to date.

So if they're PayPal members then why doesn't the "you've received cash" e-mail have the address they've registered with PayPal in it?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers that shop on web stores do not have to be registered with PayPal to use it.

Sorry, that don't tell you all you need to know, but that is one reason for no address.

IF you want you can send them a PP invoice if they are registered with PP yur payment will then have a registered PP addy on it. It might not match the one they want shipped to, but it's a start.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: