Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 little parakeets that crack me up everyday! I love my budgies
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two shih-tsus that allow us to share the house with them. We adore them, but they are extremely spoiled! We've had weimaraners and cats all of our married life until we moved in the townhouse. When the cat died, we didn't get another, he was 17 and husband just doesn't think he's ready for another one.
The last Weimaraner was my son's graduation present from the police chief, after the other died of old age. When Chris graduated from college 4 years later, he took Merlin with him and still has him. The day we move into a country house again (this year, maybe) we will get another...the best dogs to raise children you could ever have!! And sooooo smart. This last one would come paw at hubby to let him out. Larry would point out that he had just come in, but Merlin wouldn't back off. The minute Larry got up to open the door, Merlin would run around him and jump in the recliner-and refuse to give it up again!
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas,

So nice to hear someone else has a Weim who does that paw thing. DH calls them doggie punches. He thinks it's cute, especially since I'm usually the one who receives them.
fromlu2you

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL at the smart dog taking over the recliner!

We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 hermits, and 1 hamster.

The dogs are both rescued from the streets. Jack is a registered lab that escaped his home and ended up at our house a few blocks away. He was just a little puppy at the time. We tried to find the owners but no one claimed him. Then when he was about 4 months old the owners (Breeder) saw Jack in the front yard with DS and said Jack was from a litter his dog had had a few months before. In the meantime after coming to live with us Jack had gotten very sick and nearly died. We spent about $900 at the vet to keep him alive. My Dh really loves that dog! When the man asked about Jack my son told him yes we found him running loose and took him in and if he wanted him back that his dad had a 900.00 vet bill he could pay. The man said no that we could keep him and he just wanted to make sure he had a good home and left. A few minutes later the guy came back to our house and gave us Jack's papers and brought his mom and dad to visit Jack for the last time.

My other dog is my love, Fred. He was lost in the Ozark Mountain trail area in NW Arkansas. My son rescued him and brought him home after a hiking trip. He was starved and in pretty bad shape but we loved him instantly. Now 6 years later, Fred is the ruler of the house. Very sweet, and very smart. He is a mixed breed probably a border collie mix.

The two kittens are brothers and sisters. Very sweet and they have great personalities.

All our dogs and cats are black or black and white. They look so cute together in a group photo.

Can say too much bout the hermits. They aren't too cuddly but very interesting.

The hamster is a cutie, the cats love to watch him in his exercise ball. LOL

Lu
BellsBeautyBox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 3 rescued kitties that we adopted, and usually we have a random number of foster kitties around that are up for adoption. Now we only have 2 fosters. Found a fantastic new home for my cockatoo... he now lives in a bird sanctuary with others of his own kind in a free flight aviary. Sad to see him go, but he's much happier with his new bird friends than he ever was with me. Used to have lots of other critters, but the kids have me way too busy to care for so many, so lately I'm just sticking with cats.
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: anybody own pets here? Reply with quote

Pets are wonderful and great company. I have a friend who has been by herself for years. She never seemed like a dog or cat person. Then right before she retired, she told me she got a poodle. She was so crazy about that dog. Then she was telling me she got another one - then another one. So now she has two toy poodles and one standard poodle.

She is keeping her granddaughter's great dane for her but my friend considers that dog hers, too. It is amazing how pets can change us. We just fall in love with them.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a rescued kitten once..I found it in the neighbor's yard, so close to death that his eyes were glazed over. I brought him home, and my dad-a confirmed cat hater, said he was starving. We were afraid he was too small for solid food, but opened a can of tuna anyway-the only soft food we could think of.
He ate the entire can...he continued to eat everything in sight for many years and grew to be huge. My dad loved that cat, though he would never have admitted it! The only one he ever let stay in the house and shed all over the good furniture.
BookwormBargains

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new addition to our family is a 8 week old kitten my husband found under his work truck on Monday. We named her Sienna! She's sooo adorable. I immediatly took her to the vet because her nose was so red (with a little blood in one nostril) and she was sneezing alot. She's now on antibiotics and is doing great!

I can't understand how someone could just dump a baby kitten like that in a industial area over the weekend. I'm just glad she picked my husbands truck to sleep under because now she has a great home to live in!

I've had cats all my life. Our last cat, Whiskers died 7 months ago at the age of 19! She lived a long and happy life with us. I think she sent Sienna to us from heaven Smile
booksnthings

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 parakeets, Joey, Nicky, and Casey. They are very entertaining.
jimsjewelryonline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: I raise and sale poms Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi I am Jim at http://www.jimsjewelryonline.ecrater.com . If intrested in a Pomeranian give me a shout not sure how to put pictures up
Jim

Hi my name is Jim I have jimsjewelryonline. I am realativly new to ecrater and am not sure of what I am doing all the time. I do have a special of the day I am going to dao. Today is a 6.60 CTW Amethyst pear shaped with 2 round stones on the side. This is in 14KT YG size 7 this ring retails for 469.00 I had it for 225.00 today only its 159.00 .Free shipping take a look http://www.jimsjewelryonline.ecrater.com
Thanks
God Bless
Jim Russ[/img]
acread

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACHOOOO
ACHOOOO
ACHOOOO
ACHOOOO ACHOOOO ACHOOOO

All this pet hair! Every time I pass by this thread my eyes are watering. Razz

Laughing
petfriendlytravelsupplies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Our Pets..... Reply with quote

We love animals. At the time, we have a combined total of 21 pets. 4 dogs, 2 cats, 1 ferret, 1 HUGE pig, 1 Pony and 12 goats.

Daisy-German Shephard ~ Took in for a friend of ours
Butterscotch-Terrier/Chihuaha mix that we took in cuz my aunt could not take care of her anymore.
Rusty-Chesapeake Bay Retriever/Yellow Lab ~ Found on the side of the road near a swamp, soaked, at 4 months old. (he is the beautiful dog to your left holding his teddy, winking)
Abby-Cairne Terrier ~ BB thought he had to get another small dog to play with Butterscotch.

Patches-My parents gave me one of their rescued kittens
Shadow-Of course we had to check out our local SPCA for a playmate for Patches

Mia-My BB opened up the garage door to let Daisy out one morning and this ferret came running in the garage. Another rescued pet.

Then, of course in the barn, we have:
Miss Piggy-huge pig
Sugar-Pony
Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Buckshot, Baby, CiCi, Petie, Mikayla, Simon, Scruffy & Chloe-12 goats

Very Happy
clothesjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have two dogs (a Jack Russell terrier and a chihuahua/rat terrier mix), one leopard gecko, and 2 betta fish. We're thinking of getting some fire belly toads sometime soon.
manysocks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Baby. 3 1/2 years old now...always looking out the window.
somethingforeveryone2008

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a chocolate lab that is almost 5 years old. She is the smartest dog I have ever had. For some reason, all the dogs I had in my childhood were dumber than a box of rocks! I had a jack russell terrier that would lick the screen on our screen door for hours!1 he would also lick the fan and the fan blades would hit his tongue! That didn't stop him though. I was just happy to have my dog fetch since she is the first one to do it! I had a hedgehog when I was in high school and that was a really cool pet! I got my senior picture taked with him.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: