eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

anybody own pets here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeMeBevsCreations

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two cats that own us! We are their staff. They are feral cats that came to us as older kittens going on 4 years now when we moved here. They rule the roost to say the least.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
peachstategal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little pomeranian (Jethro) got deboyed yesterday! Vet said no running, jumping, etc. Forgot to tell Jethro that!
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lovely kitty named Sadie. She was born in my bedroom almost 10 yrs ago about 30 days after we moved to NC. Her mother (Daisy) was a feral cat but stayed in the house (except for one time that my son let her out). Daisy was fine in the house as long as you didn't try and pet her. She never tore anything up. When we moved from Indiana to North Carolina, it took us about 2 hours and lots of bandaids to catch her. I could not just turn her out and couldn't take her to a shelter since she really wasn't adoptable. Anyhow, she had a litter of kittens about 30 days later in our new house. I was bound and determined that the kittens would be petable and even though Daisy would try and hide them, she never attacked me when I would get them to pet them (she sure didn't like it though). I won't go into how hard it was to catch her and get her to the vet to get her spayed, but we finally succeeded. Then she went outside one day and never came back. She was a beautiful grey tiger and had the sweetest eyes. Sadie is very special to me.
I also have a dog named Bronx. He is 2 years old and I got him from the Humane Society in Sylva, NC. He is a big reddish brown hound dog and loves to bark at the rabbits. Don't think the neighbors appreciate it. And just think, it's almost spring and more bunnies to bark at. He also helps cultivate the flower beds and digs holes for me to plant more flowers. He tries so hard to be helpful! Sadie doesn't like Bronx too well, but he tries to be friendly and will even let her nibble on his food if she wants. I love both my pets very much.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]C:\Users\Donna\Pictures\Bronx\DSC08795.JPG[/url]

just trying to see if I can show a picture of Sadie - sorry if it doesn't work
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta see some of these cuties
http://www.petsadored.com/contest/

I just went over there & thought "aaww"
goodgravy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 9 year old yellow lab (who thinks he's 109, judging by his old man groans when he gets up!)

We have 3 cats: Daisy (14 year old calico), Boo-boo Kitty (13), and Elizabeth (4); 2 rats, Mimzy & Clementine (volunteers at the St. Louis Ren Faire), and a pair of nameless hermit crabs.

We also volunteer as a cat foster home for our local animal welfare group, and usually have between 1-4 extra kittens around. Currently, we have a heavily pregnant foster cat who hides under my daughter's bed 99% of the day. I'm sure I'll update this total soon! Wink
b2bhgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe... all of you have some very cute animals and creative names. I currently do not have any pets courtesy of my husband who is anti animals in the house and my animals do not live outside. I used to have a cat named Egypt (she was a rare Silver Classic Tabby with these gorgeous deep green eyes), a dachshund/min pin mix named Cairo, 2 gerbils named Pixie & Dixie, a green snake named Hector, and a ferret named Diva. A good friend has Egypt, my gerbils and snake passed away, my father stole my ferret from me when I got married in 2003, lol. And my dog lives with a friend as well. That was the first time in my life I ever had to give up any animals. It was hard--- especially with me working at my local humane society for over 6 years as Director of Business Operations--- however I was first trained as an Animal Behavorist, Animal Care Technician & Spay/Neuter Coordinator. I still support the humane society--- just no longer there cause of the new management. I'll post some pics if I find some of my kitty and doggy on this computer.

Blessings,
Tresie
shannonstreasurechest

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: My Pets Reply with quote

We have seven cats:
Terrance is 5 years old & the dad of the next four cats.
Dominic is 4 years old
Kelsey is 4 years old
Jasmine is 4 years old
Danielle is 4 years old
Sierra is 5 months old
Zachary is 5 months old

We also have two puppies (got them two weeks ago, they're sisters)
Cassie is 8 weeks old today
Olivia is 8 weeks old today
ShelleysSmellies

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a peek-a-poo named Charlie...he's my bestest buddy...and we have two cats...Lucky Girl and Miss Kitty.
mywhyfitness

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: anybody own pets here? Reply with quote

Quote:
anybody know what kinda dog she is?
Kinda looks like our Spike. We got ours at the Humane Society in FL. Ours is Australian Shepherd and Chow. He's almost 9 1/2 years old. My son wanted a dog named Spike. We went to HS and called out Spike and he's the one that came running. He rode on my lap when we moved from FL to CO as we had no other room in the car. He's been from CO to CA. Coast to coast travel. He's my favorite pup ever.

I was never a cat person! We moved to country and had mice so got a cat. The one we got was by default. We were looking at a really cute kitty but when my son picked it up it made THE worst wind. I told him to put that one back.

We named our kitty Andy. He is a character! Goes out the doggie door, refuses to use to to come back in. He climbs to 2nd story and wants in our bedroom windows. I finally got tired of letting him in and bought a little door I put in my screen. Sometimes he sleeps with us but if he wants out of the bedroom he will find the closest paper and rip it apart. If I'm reading a book he'll take a bite out of it! I have teeth marks in several books. Can't have library books or my bible in bed anymore. Love him lots.

We have another dog named Molly. I went to HS and bought some buttons I sold on eBay. I bought them for $1.50 and made almost $300. My best find ever. Thought it would only be right to adopt a dog.

We have another kitty named Hannah. My Pastor and family moved to Parsonage in city while trying to sell their home. We have their doberman. What a sissy dog! He'll bark at anyone coming down the driveway but runs if they get close.

Pets are wonderful. They are calming and can give you a laugh too.
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 4 huskies, 1 malamute, and three very spoiled rotten cats.
Ever heard "' Cats were once worshiped as gods.... they haven't forgotten" perfect description for my three babies.

Tracy
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my cats and dogs are either shelter animals or just showed up.
6 cats, Graysee, Tomas, Precious, Sneaky Pete, Prissy and Garfelina. 4 dogs, Hank, JD, Taquita Bonita and Dorabelle. Then there are all my chickens, who live to old age since I don't eat my pet chickens, just their eggs, 2 crested ducks, and 1 very large pig who weighs about 850 lbs and her name is Pigms.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have 2 dogs and a cat. My cat Tigger died of cancer back in 2003. He was a Maine Coone and surely the smartest little thing on earth. Two years ago my miniature Schnauzer Buddy got hit by a car because the area that we used to live in was out in the country and there were no speed limit signs anywhere so, people drove 55 to 60 mph and constantly ran over other people's pets. He was only 5 years old when he died. And finally, my oldest dog just died a few months ago of old age. She was 14 years old, going deaf and developing arthritis so, it was her time to go. She wasn't living with me. I moved into an apartment a little over a year ago that doesn't allow pets so, my mom was keeping her for me. I wish I could have a pet here. I am yearning for a dog and a cat. I've lived my whole life ever since the day I was born always having a pet by my side up until I moved here, and my husband and I are lonely.
bargainsurfing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bearcreekcreations" I've lived my whole life ever since the day I was born always having a pet by my side up until I moved here, and my husband and I are lonely.[/quote]

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine living without my critters. I live in out the country, as you can understand with my large pig, and I also have always had pets. It is always a great loss to lose one. I had a Great Dane in the 1980's who lived to be 9 and I still miss him. I also had this wonderful gray cat named Busch who lived for 23 years and he went to kitty heaven 3 years ago.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
We have 4 huskies, 1 malamute, and three very spoiled rotten cats.
Ever heard "' Cats were once worshiped as gods.... they haven't forgotten" perfect description for my three babies.

Wow. Gorgeous animals! Huskys always have such beautiful eyes.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: