eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone know anything about Analytics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcanesanctuary

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Anyone know anything about Analytics Reply with quote

I have everything as it should be set up for Google Analytics and it's working but... It claims I have recieved only 9 page views when the Ecrater system has recorded 80 item hits. Seems odd.

Cheers

Robert
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eVrater.com hits include every "hit" during the whole month. That means it includes bots looking, hits on ecrater.com, hits within your store. It includes each time a feature items shows on your home page, each time you view it, etc etc
Google Analytics does not count search engines unless the item is clicked and viewed. If you have it set up it will not count when you personal view it. GA counts real views only.

Hope that helps.
arcanesanctuary

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, muchas gracias.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good thing is -- unless you look aat your items alot -- you can tell that bots, search engines etc are visiting by the big difference in counts. Which means you are being found by search engines.
acread

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking at the same time period?

eCrater starts counting from the 1st of the month. Google Analytics will normally display the last 30 days. But if you haven't had the account that long it will display from the day you opened the account.

eCrater will show every time anyone clicks or a bot, crawler calls the page. Google Analytics only records people visiting.

If you are filtering yourself at Google Analytics when you open the website it won't show, where as you can't filter the times you click at eCrater.

Since i know very limited info about your situation this is all I will say for now.

However on an unrelated topic I would say you need to write decent descriptions for your product pages. 2 words is not enough. It won't helo you bring traffic from search engines. You need to add long descriptions (as long as you can write) that contain keywords (words people will use in search engines to find that kind of product. Like, collectible cards, sports cards, baseball, Whateverhisnameplayer, homerun, somestatisticstuff, etc) The more words you have the greater likelyhood of someone entering that word in the search engine and finding that page. The more relevant it is to your product the better the chances it would be someone interested in it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: