eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Googe Checkout order notificaiton failing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rummagecompany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: I also received a notice of a problem from Google Reply with quote

I have the same problem others have noted.

I received an order through Google check out this morning. I had no problem charging the order through google and the order has already been sent.

The problem appears to be that when they tried to notify ecrater that the order was charged and filled, they were unable to interface with the ecrater site. Google apparently made 6 attempts to send the message to ecrater and all of them failed.

As a result, when I enter this order through ecrater, it shows up as not charged though google clearly shows it has been charged.

I do not know whether to hit the charge button on the order form on ecrater or just delete the order. If I hit the charge button on ecrater, I would not want the buyer to be paying for this item again.

I also do not know how to get satisfy google check out and what to do with the 6 errors that show up in my integration console.

If there is a solution, please let me know.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rummagecompany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: further information Reply with quote

Just to clarify....I did check the link recommended on ecrater that says:

Google Checkout emailed me that they are unsuccessful in sending notifications to my callback URL

Please make sure you did not check off "Require notification acknowledgments to specify the serial number of the notification." This is in advanced options in your Integration > Settings page in your Google Checkout account.

I did not have the box checked requiring serial numbers and have had no problems in the past, so something has happened today that is different than before.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I already emailed Dimitar about this again. So I will let you know about what is going on if and when I hear about it.

rummagecompany this is just Google sending order info. Your customer already put the order in. If your charge is set to be manually done, do it and process your order. If it is done automatically then wait for the charge to happen on its own, when it is complete then mail your order. The setting of manual or automatic charge is something you select in Preferences (in Google Checkout Settings). So I don't know which applies to you.

Here is the thing the order is in. It is just Google is somehow having issues informing eCrater about it. That does not mean the customer did not enter the info, or made the payment or the credit card did not get charged. You can have a perfectly sound transaction without the info being sent back to eCrater. The API is just used to get the info, then display it in Orders section, add the order to the sales count, and send feedback email to customer.

So it is not as big an issue as it sounds.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
AC, the unshown order had been charged successfully, about 15 mins from Order received to Order charged according to my Order history from GC.

Thanks. That sounds like Google is having issues. Maybe they changed something in their programming and forgot to mention it.

In any case I emailed Dimitar again and we'll see what is going on.
rummagecompany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Thanks for looking into this Reply with quote

Thanks acread for your information about the Google order and your reply.

Yes, I have my google check out set up for manual order acceptance. And I did process the order right after receiving it. (The google check out for this order shows it was charged.) I have already mailed it out and provided the buyer with the delivery confirmation number.

I seriously doubt the customer is aware of any mishap on the google communication with ecrater -- a good thing -- and the sale is fine from that aspect.

I will keep checking this board for further information on this subject.
silktraveler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Me Too Reply with quote

I am SO thankful for these forums fellow craterites!! I too got exact same email as others. Instead of replying to email I went over to Google Checkout, pulled up Integration Console, saw repeated attempts. It's same valid order # each time and one that I've processed fine and mailed this am. Looks to me like temp issue of server timeout and after seeing others having same issue I'm gonna stop, leave it and see if okay tomorrow. Let's have a cup of tea.
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING, it's so helpful to one who's not a super techie. Marie
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you either send me the Google Checkout order number.

Or use the contact page and send it to eCrater along with a description of what happened. So they know what it is relating to.
samplecontainerstore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Same Issue Reply with quote

Seems that this issue has to be out of our control as sellers and an internal issue with eCrater or Google - I will just keep an eye on the boards and see if there is anything we can do to rectify the situation. There are too many people having this issue for it to be just my callback URL . I'm glad we can help each other out. Smile
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please send the Google Checkout order number. Either to me or to eCrater (if you send it to eCrater add an explaination of what happened and why you are sending the number so they know what it relates to).

Please do this so they can look into the situation. Don't sit back and wait. Otherwise nothing will be done.

It is not happening with every order so to figure out what is specific about these order eCrater needs to look into thoese failed contact stuff. They need the CG order number for it.

Edit: I forwarded several order numbers from different sellers. I think eCrater has enough info to investigate this with. So please stop sending order numbers.

Some sellers are reporting they see the order info next day or so. So it may appear on an extended delay.

Last edited by acread on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
teelabooks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread,

I sent the order number to you by PM.

Thank you
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I got it and send it to Dimitar.

Will post what I hear about this when I get any info on it.
iron-onsrus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody els today sold anything with Google Checkout and the order is not showing up in your eCRATER account Admin? I just got a order and it did not show up in my eCRATER account can anybody help?
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron-onsrus wrote:
Has anybody els today sold anything with Google Checkout and the order is not showing up in your eCRATER account Admin? I just got a order and it did not show up in my eCRATER account can anybody help?

Did you properly integrate your Google Checkout account with your eCrater account. Read the following to make sure: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041&start=17

You need to have the API call back url entered at Google Checkout Settings Integration page and call back method selected. And none of the advance settings selected or edited.

If you have properly done the integration, then go to the beginning of this topic and read it.
iron-onsrus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is correct just as it has been since I opened this new store about 20 days ago and I have sold 27 items in this new store since I opened it and never had a problem with Google Checkout and I never had any problems like this with my other 2 stores I have on eCRATER. I just hope it gets fixed soon!
ayurnaturalbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up starting a new topic in a different section, but was directed here. I am also experiencing this problem.

The outline of my issue can be found here:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=22432

Everything has been the same for me since day one, I checked the API value and to see if any additional boxes had been checked. All is the same - no changes.

I'm glad this forum is here also, I wasn't sure what was going on.

Now that I think about it, and this is a little off topic, but Google must be making some system changes all around since I know another host company is having issues with GB product feeds due to Google making some recent changes.... *sigh, what can we do, but wait**

Either way, I'll wait for an update and hopefully this is resolved soon. If any additional information is needed from me, just let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: