eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sapphiremistsheetmusic wrote:
One lady from ecrater just liked me saying she liked my page and for the life of me I can't figure out how to return a reply

Sapphire, it is confusing, but you need a personal profile to do certain things, and "liking" is one of them.

If you don't use a personal profile, you can still have a business page, and you can fill it up with all sorts of interesting things, but you can't do some of the "social" things. You can make things a favorite on your business page, and be a favorite on others' pages.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
CJFashion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the new one
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CJFashion/185762861470478
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilbere, how were you able to create a business page without a personal page? I thought the one had to come before the other. Do you mind posting how you set up the business page? We really need some good tutorials running around this place. I'd be glad to post one...that is if we ever figure it out. lol. Questions like adding a widget to FB, posting on the business without also the personal, and other things continue to be unanswered.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how were you able to create a business page without a personal page? I thought the one had to come before the other

When you first create an account at facebook
you can select business
wilbere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
wilbere, how were you able to create a business page without a personal page? I thought the one had to come before the other.

I do have a personal profile on facebook, but I don't really use it except to log in to facebook. To get started in creating a business page, try clicking the link "Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business" at the bottom of the facebook log-in screen. From there, it's a matter of adding the content that you want.

It appears that anyone can set up / administer a business page for any business / organization (subject to that business or organization having a beef with use of its trademarks, a non-issue with your own business).

As far as writing up a step-by-step tutorial for creating a facebook business page, whew, maybe someone will have the free time for that. It's not a simple task, though, and there are lots of variables & options involved. It would be a time-consuming endeavor, that's for sure.

Hope this helps & you are welcome to post any additional questions that you have for me on my facebook discussion Q&A that I set up for that purpose: http://www.facebook.com/Wilbere.Sales
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have clarified. We've managed to create the business page but it's basically a boat without water. Navigating is a real chore and have had no luck adding the eCrater widget (though tried just about all links to do so), switching between personal and business is very sloppy--always having a "where is my car in the parking lot" moment, and STILL don't have a clue how to keep business postings off the personal page. I'll go ahead and drop this post at the link above, just wanted to complete my thought here.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and STILL don't have a clue how to keep business postings off the personal page.

I am having the same problem now..it used to be on your business page (around the top area) it had JUST OTHERS..I always clicked on it to post my ads and they didn't show on my personal page..but "just others" isn't there now.
facebook is so confusing!
CJFashion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
facebook is so confusing!

Me too. Now every time I login just show me the personal page, I can't find me Business page from there. I have to go to my link that I post here that one and then I can go to my business page. But I can find my personal account from there and also switch to my personal account.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now every time I login just show me the personal page, I can't find me Business page from there.

when your on the personal page..look top right and you'll see ACCOUNT..it has a drop down menu ..click on "use facebook as page"
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so confused with FB. I'd really like to string up Mark Zuckerberg. I'm sure he is in league with the devil to see how much chaos in cyber space he can create.

This is the page I get when I go to my FB page. I didn't intend for it to go to my ArtFire Kiosk.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lives-and-Loves-of-Maggie-the-Cat/159452314096718?v=app_119723804515

I set up an eCrater page but can't seem to get anything or anyone to post there.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/The-eCrater-Stores-of-Maggie-the-Cat/162966437073727

The url doesn't even work.
Everything other people post goes on my home page and everything I post goes on my profile page that no one seems to see and and so my FB is useless as far as I can see.

Help is welcome.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie,
Your landing page is set to go to your Artfire Kiosk, that is why it appears first. To change this, go to edit page, then look at the drop down menu, Default landing tab. You can change the tab to whatever you wish people to see when they first arrive at your page.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What page are people supposed to read and post on? They can't post on the kiosk, that is just for shopping.

I was trying to have a page to promote items on ecrater but I can't get it to work.

Not sure which page people's posts are supposed to go to. Other's seem to post on my Home page and all most posts go to my profile page.

I don't want to have a personal side to the FB, just to promote the stores.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my landing page go to my wall. There I post things about my store. Then they have the choice to click to my store in several places. They can also comment or like the things that I post on. www.facebook.com/lastade

To the right of your screen, if you are signed in you may also see "use FB as the Lives-and-Loves,etc"
If you click on it, everything you post will be from your business page. Then if you wish, you can click in the same area, to go back to what you are known as on your personal page. I am always going back and forth, depending on what I want to post as. I post as LaStade in crochet, knitting and craft groups, pages, etc., when I want to promote my business page, so people can click on my name if they want to see my page. If I am just posting about personal things, I go back to my real name.
homeschoolandmore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: New Facebook Page Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/page/homeschoolandmore/

That should get you to my facebook page if anyone would like to "like" or "promote" it.
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeschool..your link doesn't work for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 32 of 51

Jump to: