eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

2 PayPal notes - the buyer can cancel PayPal invoice and ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: 2 PayPal notes - the buyer can cancel PayPal invoice and ... Reply with quote

First, I had someone order multiple items on the weekend. The note on PayPal asked for a combined shipping discount and no payment was made with the order. I got items out of inventory, figured shipping and sent a PayPal invoice with a discount for combined shipping. Got no response, so today I sent a direct email follow up to make sure they had received the PayPal invoice.

Instead of responding to me directly, the buyer canceled the invoice. It was a surprise to me that a buyer can cancel the invoice that I sent. I thought I was the one to do that. Of course, no real harm done as I did not put the items on hold in my store since they were big enough dollar items that I decided to wait for response from the buyer before removing them from active status. Too bad, though, since it would have been a nice sale.

Second - and this may not be a new thing but I do think it changed recently - PayPal apparently no longer refunds the 30 cent transaction fee when you refund the entire payment. The buyer purchased one item and paid for it, then shortly thereafter wanted to add another similar one (yes, that is a good thing). I sent him an invoice for the second item with combined shipping discount for both, and he paid immediately. Then he wanted 3 more similar items (yes, another good thing) and wanted combined shipping and wanted to pay for all 5 items on one invoice. I refunded the first 2 payments and invoiced all 5 items. On the 2 PayPal refunds it did refund the percentage fee but not the 30 cent transaction fee. This must be another "new and improved" PayPal policy.

I guess it is what it is.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convoluted multiple transaction was probably more than the system could follow.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
The convoluted multiple transaction was probably more than the system could follow.

Maggie, are you saying the PayPal should have refunded the 30 cent transaction fees?

Oh, and my first discussion (buyer canceled his invoice) and second discussion (PayPal did not refund 30 cent fee) are two separate buyers, two totally separate PayPal things. Sorry, maybe I didn't make that clear.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refunded an order in full just a few days ago and I did not get back my 30 cents, just the percentage part. It wasn't here, it was at Ebay.
I think I did read that rule change a while back, somewhere, but I don't know if it was here or one of the other forums I visit, sorry.
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes paypal started doing that a few months ago I think..keeping the .30 fee
OFF TOPIC REMOVED
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A buyer always had the option of canceling an invoice on PayPal. That is nothing new. Been that way as long as I remember them having an invoice option.

The transaction fee has not been refundable for about 6 months .. maybe longer.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP added the rule of no refund the $0.30. It was added last year.

Auctionbytes: PayPal Raises Merchant Fees for Refunds and Chargebacks
http://blog.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2010/6/1276268535.html

PD
I recommend reading the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: