eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need help with ! attributes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
botropolis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Need help with ! attributes Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I hope someone can help me. I sell some new items and then I also sell used toys either single or in lots. I filled for the exemption and was denied. Of course Google's feedback was less than helpful.

So I went through my listings with the ! (all are loose used figures and lots) and I have been searching the internet for their upcs or mpns and adding what i find. I assume that is what is needed. Who knows, since they don't help us with details.

Here's a good example of my problem. I have a lot of M.U.S.C.L.E. men figures. They are just small plastic figures from the 80s. First they are loose, therefore used. They have no mpn or upc and I can't find one online anywhere. Now what?

Same for a dragon figure I have that is from a Hong Kong company.

This stuff is driving me insane.

They say we need to file store exemptions, but I have a feeling it is individual item exemptions that are needed?

Can anyone help?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MysteryLaneBooks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried using Collectibles as your Global Category on the Product page? Then choose the appropriate sub-category.

Collectibles is an exempt category. The red ! will disappear when an item is placed in this category.
botropolis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I put it there instead of toys, people might not see it. I may have to try that for some of my items though.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do not put then in a category they do not belong it. eCrater will delete them without notice. They will appear in red on your product listing in the admin area.
MysteryLaneBooks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that toys from the 80's are collectibles. I don't think people are buying these toys for their kids to play with them.
botropolis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....So what is the answer? Will ecrater ask for an exemption for me for just these items where the info doesn't exist? That's the only answer I can see.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MysteryLaneBooks wrote:
I would think that toys from the 80's are collectibles. I don't think people are buying these toys for their kids to play with them.

EVERYTHING is collected by somebody. Even bellybutton lint! Even toe nail clippings? Hats, shoes, books, etc. Does that mean they belong in the collectible category?
I some how don't think so. Not when there is a category already for that specific type of item.

Guess time will tell as sellers strt putting everything in collectibles and the ecrater team deletes them.
mousecellar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be wrong with just letting Google drop the items that you can't make comply. Would that cause any major problems? This is a serious question I would like a serious reply. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mousecellar wrote:
What would be wrong with just letting Google drop the items that you can't make comply. Would that cause any major problems? This is a serious question I would like a serious reply. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Well said Very Happy Thank You!
A good weekend to all
ralph
botropolis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm just trying to make sales, so of course I would want everything possible to be in google shopping. Wouldn't you?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing of lone items being removed without notice is becoming a problem. Cursors slip, new sub categories are added without notice, and if you have stores with many hundreds or thousands of items listed you may never notice and be sitting home wondering why your items don't sell.

Since anyone can report an item for whatever reason, it seems that where the problem is for isolated items and not whole stores or categories, some notice should be given.
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EVERYTHING is collected by somebody. Even bellybutton lint! Even toe nail clippings? Hats, shoes, books, etc. Does that mean they belong in the collectible category?
I some how don't think so. Not when there is a category already for that specific type of item.
Guess time will tell as sellers strt putting everything in collectibles and the ecrater team deletes them.

I am seeing a big increase in listings in "collectibles: sewing PATTERNS"
late 80's, 1990's and even 2000 patterns
I would think these patterns belong in "crafts: sewing patterns"
QUESTION, what does a category mod look for??
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peg maybe people are moving the patterns to collectibles because they don't have UPCs. I got rid of all my patterns a while back but before that I had moved them all to Collectibles when that sub was added. None of mine were current but later it was decided by serious pattern sellers that 90s and 2000s should not be considered collectible. I didn't bother to move mine again. Maybe I'm not alone.
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
None of mine were current but later it was decided by serious pattern sellers that 90s and 2000s should not be considered collectible. I didn't bother to move mine again. Maybe I'm not alone.

these are patterns that have been put in collectibles since the red marks appeared
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got home from the hospital, I noticed the red marks and had no time or energy to even think about them. Couple of days later I noticed they were gone. As long as your patterns have the Brand: simplicity and MPN: 2901 for example, they will be okay under the sewing pattern category which is where most of mine reside. I don't put patterns into collectible unless they are from the 50's or earlier. But having the brand and mps number makes them have the 2out of 3 elements needed for Google.

I did find that the red marks did help me find a few itme that the attributes weren't right or the listing was messed up. Like one listing only having a title, no description at all. So I did get to straighten things up as I've had time.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: