eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
One of the terms for selling on Ecrater has always been that the seller would ship throughout the US. Of course, originally it was only ecrater.com and it was way before the UK stores came along recently. My assumption is that you still have to agree to those terms since that is still stated in the terms. I can see how the issue looks from the UK perspective; many sellers here in the US want to ship only within the US and not go international and you're in the same situation, just from the other end.

I would contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out for sure, and then please come back and let us know for others who may be wondering.

Becky

Hi there,
Thank you for your comments. When I was told that a UK store was in the pipeline for the future I thought it would be for people like myself but first impressions suggest that it is more for US store holders to sell in the UK?
I will contact ecrater.
Thanks again
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
funny - we were typing at the same time. So the rule hasn't changed if you can't uncheck them.

Lol
Well thanks anyway Smile

And no the rule hasn't changed.....
peggybob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
One of the terms for selling on Ecrater has always been that the seller would ship throughout the US. Of course, originally it was only ecrater.com and it was way before the UK stores came along recently. My assumption is that you still have to agree to those terms since that is still stated in the terms. I can see how the issue looks from the UK perspective; many sellers here in the US want to ship only within the US and not go international and you're in the same situation, just from the other end.

I would contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out for sure, and then please come back and let us know for others who may be wondering.

Becky

Well wtcollectibles you were absolutely right!
I got a reply and was quoted those terms

"The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States."

I have always been a promoter of ecrater as a brilliant choice for a free store and I still believe it is if you live in the US but to bring out a new domain for the UK and not create it to allow someone from the UK to use it is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of.

I have waited 4 years on a promise of a UK store and I obviously waited for nothing.
peggybob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Are we there yet :) Reply with quote

After posting on the community board I did write to ecrater and someone from the team replied and told me that they were working on a standalone store for the UK Laughing , so if anyone from the team reads this I just wanted to ask how is this progressing and do you have any idea when it might be rolled out?
Thank you
bigtonito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: How can i set up the UK GOOGLE CHECKOUT ACCOUNT?? Reply with quote

I would like to know how can i set up a uk google checkout account???

Please note i only have an usa account and im in usa...

thanks in advance !!!!!
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to know how can i set up a uk google checkout account???

Please note i only have an usa account and im in usa...

thanks in advance !!!!!

You can't, basically. Not unless you have a street address in the UK, anyway.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all of us using the UK site are taking our payments through PP. I even dropped my MO option for those in the US as UK buyers would click on that and I had to write and remind them that the MO had to come in US dollars. I never got any MO from them and ended up with a lot of 'pending' orders so I dropped the option. I've only had about 3-4 MO anyway since I've been here and if a US customer asked if they could send one, then I would allow them, but I can't afford the cost of cashing a foreign MO.