eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google checkout help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shopourshelves

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Google checkout help Reply with quote

Yippee, I have my first order. In ecrater when i click on order i see her order, but how do i process it. I am used to ebay where i have a place to send a invoice and check to make sure the payment cleared with pay pal. when i went to google to see my account, i am not sure how to log in.

So i set up a check out account with my personal email and it gave me a different merchant number than the one that i see in ecrater.

I can see my merchant account under payments, but don't know how to log on to google check out to view that merchant number

In the order i have 3 options : delete charge or cancel

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Google checkout help Reply with quote

shopourshelves wrote:
In ecrater when i click on order i see her order, but how do i process it.

I process orders thru the payment option, which in my case is Google Checkout, not thru eCrater.

shopourshelves wrote:
when i went to google to see my account, i am not sure how to log in.

You log into your Google Checkout acct with the e-mail and password you set up when you opened the acct.

shopourshelves wrote:
So i set up a check out account with my personal email and it gave me a different merchant number than the one that i see in ecrater.

Merchant number? Where are you seeing a merchant number in eCrater?

shopourshelves wrote:
I can see my merchant account under payments

Do you mean you see your Google Checkout account information under Payment Options in your eCrater admin?

shopourshelves wrote:
but don't know how to log on to google check out to view that merchant number

I don't know what "merchant number" you're looking for. You log into your Google Checkout acct as described above to process the order.

In your Payment Option in the eCrater admin should be your GCO Merchant ID and Key numbers, but that's a diff. issue than processing an order.

shopourshelves wrote:

I never use those...I don't know what other sellers do. I process the order thru Google Checkout.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF on GCO you have three options, the obvious option is to charge the order which means GCO collects the money I believe and puts it in your account, then you package and ship the package and tell GCO you have done so and include the Delivery Confirmation number or other tracking number that you used when shipping. If you don't want to proceed with shipping the order, delete or cancel it. Then you didn't make any money.

Quote:
So i set up a check out account with my personal email and it gave me a different merchant number than the one that i see in ecrater

Not sure what you were doing here in the midst of trying to process an order. If you got the information from GCO, that means you were already set up with them. Some people have theirs set up to charge on their say so, I have mine charging automatically so I know the item is paid for and I can proceed directly toshipping and having GCO transfer money to my bank account.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes use the eCRATER admin to process Google orders. If you can't get into your Google checkout account (more about that later), go to your eCRATER Admin order file, click charge and you will get a page where you enter the amount. Enter the amount shown unless you need to give a partial refund for some reason, and then hit charge. It is done. When you click orders again, that order will have a green check beside it. You can do the same thing when you want to send a shipping notice. Click on ship and you will get a page where you fill in shipping method and tracking number.

I had a terrible time getting into my Google checkout account. I have a different email on it than is on my gmail account because I don't like gmail and it doesn't get along with windows mail. When you click on Process this order in your google account, it will take you to a sign in page where you fill in your email and password that you used to sign up for Google checkout, not any other google affiliated email or password. Sometimes it will not accept it. If that happens at the bottom of the sign in box it will say Sign in as another user. Enter the email you used to sign up and click remember my information. Once I get that sign in page accepted I save Google checkout to my favorites bar.

Sometimes it still coughs up a wrong email address but just back out and start again and it will take two redos to get it to work properly. It doesn't purge old addresses.
shopourshelves

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: google check out. Reply with quote

Thank you all for the quick response.

I did the charge and put inthe amount and i see there is a green check mark.

When i first asked for help i went to google check out and set up a account under my personal emai. I now have to wait for them to make thier small deposit so i can confirm my account. currenty google check out shows no orders or transactions. I expect that to change once i confirm thier deposit.

it sure is nice to have a forum where the folks are quick to reply with helpful information.

And i am sooooo excited i got my first order......

Thanks again for all the helpful information.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: google check out. Reply with quote

shopourshelves wrote:
I did the charge and put inthe amount and i see there is a green check mark.

When i first asked for help i went to google check out and set up a account under my personal emai. I now have to wait for them to make thier small deposit so i can confirm my account. currenty google check out shows no orders or transactions.

If your Google Checkout account is not showing any orders or transactions...to what payment option did you charge your order in your eCrater admin (where you see the green check mark)?
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your first sale..
shopourshelves

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks on the congrats on my order. I got antoher one yesterday.. yippee

in ecrater when i click on the green check mark under paid. it says it was paid by google check out. But when i go to google check out, i don't see any orders.

maybe i need to contact google to confirm that i didn't mistakenly set up 2 accounts.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the order number in blue that comes with the email that you get from GCO telling you that you have an order. It will take to to a page to sign in and then the order. Since you can tell in your ecrater orders, that you actually have a GCO order, there shouldn't be any reason to be leery of clicking on the link in the email. I have found it the easiest way to find something in Google. For a search engine, they make it very difficult to find something on THEIR site.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Google checkout help Reply with quote

shopourshelves wrote:
Yippee, I have my first order. In ecrater when i click on order i see her order, but how do i process it. I am used to ebay where i have a place to send a invoice and check to make sure the payment cleared with pay pal. when i went to google to see my account, i am not sure how to log in.

I can see my merchant account under payments, but don't know how to log on to google check out to view that merchant number

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
It sounds like you created two Google Checkout accounts. Your customer couldn't have paid you and had the order show in the order section of your store admin unless you had already created a Google Checkout account. You said you created an account with your personal email, which tells me you have another email account you use for business. When you created you original Google Checkout account, you would have received an email from Google to confirm your email address and to tell you the steps to follow to verify your account. My original email had a link to use to confirm my Google account with info that I should print a hard copy because I would need the link in the email if I forgot my password. Maybe if you go back through your older emails in your business email account, you'll find the emails regarding your original account. That account is the one you need to sign into to check the order.
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have not been able to set up a google merchant account. It keeps freezing on me.
I now get "add a mobile number to get a text confirmation"
I don't have text on my phone and I cannot change it to landline. It won't click.
I have sent 4 messages to ggogle. No help at all.
Just told to keep sending screen shots and clear cookies.I guess I am not supposed to use this processor.
Any thoughts?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't have text on my phone and I cannot change it to landline

The last time I owned a cell phone they didn't do text messages! Anyhow I ignore the stuff that asks for a mobile phone number. Not really sure what your problem is, but I feel for you. I hate the going round in circles that some screens have you do and then they change pages and you have to hunt for where they put them. Maybe one of the reasons I like ecrater, it is hard to get lost here! Laughing
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mobile phone but did not enable texting as I don't want to be inundated with spam. But there are all sorts of things I can't communicate with Fido about because I don't have texting.
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot set up an account. The same blockage because of not having texting.
The last reply was not helpful, as usual. Delete cookies, screenshot.

I can't be the Only person that does not text.
I guess it is sign not to do google checkout. Just stay with paypal.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bette did you use a mobile number as your contact when you signed up? I think that is probably the problem. Use a land line and you can't receive text messages although I've gotten emails of texts people tried to send thinking my number was a mobile.

The young think differently. They just assume everyone is mobile and wireless and when you say you aren't, they just don't understand. It is a bit like telling a Texas rancher that you don't eat meat. What did you say?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: