eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to personnalize your eCrater store...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your category names are searchable by search engines. .... not sure you want to use colors .... won't most people search for like sil scarf or sile shawl ... not search Peaches and Cream colored shawl???
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Great... Reply with quote

artinsilk wrote:
So let's say I have the 'Peaches & Corals" category, would you find it great to have both shawls, scarflettes and scarves into it?

If it was me I wouldn't mix in hats, belts, or other items that are, let's say, coral in tone with the scarves that are coral in tone but, if you have 3 or 4 different types of scarves that are all close in color and shape I don't think that would hurt placing them together in the same category. As far as shawls, in my opinion (if you are refering to the shawls that drape down to cover your chest and back) I would consider those to be different from scarves and would think they'd need their own category.

Another Idea. You could even set up your featured categories to all be named as the color schemes that you have available and when as customer clicks on their preferred color they'll see the sub-categories for "Scarves" "Shawls" etc. and just let buyers know in your welcome message that you have all sorts of scarves, belts, shawls, etc. and to just click on your preferred color to browse for their items of choice. As for the patterened items, you could place them into a category with the color that is most dominate in each piece or create a seperate category for your patterned items alone. Just some ideas.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Your category names are searchable by search engines. .... not sure you want to use colors .... won't most people search for like sil scarf or sile shawl ... not search Peaches and Cream colored shawl???

If she made sure to include the actual colors in her google attributes or her item titles at the very end, each individual item would still be searchable in google. Like for the peach scarves, in the color attributes or at the end of the item titles she could put, peach, pastel orange, orange.

Sorry, I'm in college for graphic design so when anybody talks about colors I can't help but get pulled in. Not trying to look rude or pushy or anything.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: great ideas... Reply with quote

So glad I started this thread. Thank you for all the ideas. They all make sense and I better get busy with it.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If she made sure to include the actual colors in her google attributes

ONLY GOOGLE SHOPPING uses google attributes.
Google web search, MSN, etc do not
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I'm weird, but when I looked at the store and saw some of the very beautiful scarves I didn

Not sure what happened to the rest of this post. Sorry!

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the "buttons" to my page.
Do I have the page shopper friendly?
Thanks
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettebegoodvintage wrote:
Thanks

Your descriptions/terms/FAQs etc. are very thorough and concise, your photos are good and clear, and your front page is well descriptive so yes, your store looks very shopper friendly. Nice job.
bettebegoodvintage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearcreekcreations wrote:
bettebegoodvintage wrote:
Thanks

Your descriptions/terms/FAQs etc. are very thorough and concise, your photos are good and clear, and your front page is well descriptive so yes, your store looks very shopper friendly. Nice job.

Thank you so much! That is good news.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: