eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

electronic payment options:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beadlynxhandmadejewelrybylily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: electronic payment options: Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to add an electronic payment option to my store but I want to be sure I've looked at all that ecrater allows sellers to use.

Are there any more besides GC and PP that ecrater will allow?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Just the two you mentioned. It is good to offer both because sometimes the sites are busy, or PayPal is having a glitch. Also there are some people who insist on PP and others who refuse to use PP.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
No. Just the two you mentioned. It is good to offer both because sometimes the sites are busy, or PayPal is having a glitch. Also there are some people who insist on PP and others who refuse to use PP.

I take a little different view. PayPal is pretty much an Ebay thing, and I want my customers to realize they are NOT buying from an Ebay seller, therefore I offer only GCO.

When I shop on Amazon, I do not have a choice as to which payment processor I use, but I still shop there. When I shop on-line at Walmart, Sears, Target, K-Mart, etc, etc, I am not offered a choice, but I still shop at those places, and every one of those on-line sites required me to fill in a list of details before they would accept my credit card, which is not any different from what GCO requires for first time customers.

It's your choice, but I'm here to tell you that MY sales have not suffered one little bit because I do not offer PayPal.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal is no more an ebay thing than Amazon payment is an Amazon thing. MANY MANY stores on the internet use these processing centers.

But I agree most sites do not give the buyer a choice .. they rarely understand the differences.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's your choice, but I'm here to tell you that MY sales have not suffered one little bit because I do not offer PayPal.

but how many more sales could you have by offering paypal too?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS wrote:
Quote:

but how many more sales could you have by offering paypal too?

You don't know how many people would have purchased with PP who had never heard of Google Wallet or Checkout or whatever.

BTW I shop on Amazon all the time and have quite a few options to pay with. I have never had an Amazon credit card but they gladly take my money.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: