eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

discount feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcanesanctuary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: discount feature Reply with quote

Are there any plans on adding a discount feature to the site? I think it would make a wonderful addition.

Cheers

Robert
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You posted this in the HELP section.
The post in this forum are answered by other ecrater sellers.

No one in this forum would know what ecrater has in the plans.

You can offer your customers a coupon code if you use google checkout and set it up but the customer has to know about it to put the code in.
This will not work if you use USPS Calculator.

If you would like to make a suggestion please do so in the suggestion section of this forum.
BUT look because I think it's already there and you can just post a reply to the topic.
arcanesanctuary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, thanks for the reply.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious Robert why you want a discount feature when you have no items in your store, other than a few categories, no work has been done on your store and you certainly aren't selling anything in it so what would you discount?

Lots of new sellers have been asking about how to give discounts lately and to me it is a bit of a phenomenon. They barely have their stores open and then want to knock their prices down. I can't figure out why. If you think you can't sell a certain price, just list an item at what you think it will sell for. New stores can take MONTHS to get any momentum. They need both inventory and a chance for the search engines to find them and see them as a stable store and start showing them in searches. So to open a store and immediately give discounts I doubt is the best method to get business.

Your best bet when starting a new store here is to get everything listed well, your home page filled in including picture and logo, your about page and terms filled in. Keep listing new inventory and when you do get a sale don't give the customer any reason to give a negative feedback.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: